Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on garage heater - infrared or what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I'm not upto date on heaters fella, but stay away from those gas blow heaters, they'd rob ya. How big is the garage? Maybe a boiler and couple of rads? Or possibly take them off the house if garage is near.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Is it just to keep you warm when working there?

An uncle of mine has the second style in his large home garage, and it's really impressive. No idea on cost but all I can say is its what I'd want if I was working there on a cold day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Infrared is used to heat people eg a the counter of warehouse.
    It won't do anything for the inanimate objects and not help with the dampness.
    The blower is the only one that will help there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

Get an insulated boiler suit and do some actual work instead of browsing the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Must have a reincarnation here? Someone 'new' spreading their wit around Boards.

OP simply asked for advice.
    Go and play on After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,780 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is it a block shed or small timber job?

Have you considered insulation? Long term its a better option than wee heaters depending on construction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

yeah, as listermint says , also is it well ventilated?

Better putting a few bob into sorting the shed first because it would cost you a fortune to keep damp at bay with heaters!

Adverts can be great for getting building materials for very little

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Insulation, draught proofing and a stove , if it's for occasional use.

But whatever you do. Insulate the fucķ outta it

Advertisement