Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MFK Auto Care

Options
  • 12-01-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭

Howdy everyone,

I'm wondering does anyone have any experience with MFK Auto Care near Mullingar. They seem to do a rolling road remap for A4 TDIs for 250.

Any experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

bbk wrote: »
    Howdy everyone,

I'm wondering does anyone have any experience with MFK Auto Care near Mullingar. They seem to do a rolling road remap for A4 TDIs for 250.

Any experiences?

Thanks

Some more info: He does a lot of mobile work it seems under the name MFK Remapping too. A Mr Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

ill tell you next wed, he is mapping my insignia.

Ahh cool, thanks for that! I appreciate it.

all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

pred racer wrote: »

198bhp by any chance?

• Advertisement

pred racer wrote: »

Have you noticed any MPG increase? They claim there is a benefit but another remapper says there is not much that can be done for MPG due to the DPF on CR engines. . . So many letters.

What was the service like?

I'm finding it difficult to tell what is what with remaps which aren't custom made ones. Is a remap a remap? I hear REVO is rated as a stock remap supplier. Where would non REVO people get their maps?

EDIT: Though MFK says you get custom maps with him. Before and after rolling road measurements.

bbk wrote: »
    Have you noticed any MPG increase? They claim there is a benefit but another remapper says there is not much that can be done for MPG due to the DPF on CR engines. . . So many letters.

What was the service like?

I'm finding it difficult to tell what is what with remaps which aren't custom made ones. Is a remap a remap? I hear REVO is rated as a stock remap supplier. Where would non REVO people get their maps?

EDIT: Though MFK says you get custom maps with him. Before and after rolling road measurements.

I presume its a stock map he used on mine (there is a 190 brake 2.0cdti)
    does exactly what I wanted, widens the power band and keeps peak torque flat for longer, car is much easier to drive.
    the before and after dyno runs are on his facebook page.

According to my trip computer car is .6L/100KM better(6.0 -> 5.4) ill wait for a few fills to see if its right.

George Dalton is a Revo agent, knows the odd bit about VW's too :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes I e used him before and would have no hesitation in recommending him.
    I had an issue with my Merc ML. Something along the lines of my inlet port shut off motor sticking and I was losing power for days on end.

The motor and replacement seemly works like the Bmw swirl flaps and costs 1k to replace.

I met Mathew and he coded out the inlet motor and also remapped the jeep there and then and I've had no problems since. That was over 12 months ago.

Got a text from them the other day offering discounts for existing customers on their new rolling road.

Thanks for this. I appreciate the feedback.

Advertisement