Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How does the testing work for C1, C, C1E, CE

Options
  • 12-01-2017 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi im thinking of booking the bus and truck theory test and was wondering what way the practical testing works, will i have to do a practical test for each category or do i just have to do one test for all 4 C1, C, C1E, CE?

The information on there website surrounding the actual driving test is fairly bare and was wondering if someone could help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You'll need to do the C test in a full-size HGV, followed by the CE test, which is generally an artic. This covers the smaller C1 and C1E categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

C test = C & C1
    CE test = CE, C1E & BE
    D test = D, D1, DE & D1E

It's most efficient to do the tests in that sequence to get 9 categories (all 8 group 2 categories plus BE) out of 3 tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cantdecide wrote: »
    ...D test = D, D1, DE & D1E....
    Are you sure about that?

I haven't been around here in a while but D used to cover D and D1 only. However if you already have an artic licence (CE) when you go for the D test, they give you DE and D1E with it. (That's how I got my DE/D1E).

I'm open to correction but why would there be a seperate DE test and a D1E test if they were automatically given with a D test. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Are you sure about that?

I haven't been around here in a while but D used to cover D and D1 only. However if you already have an artic licence (CE) when you go for the D test, they give you DE and D1E with it. (That's how I got my DE/D1E).

I'm open to correction but why would there be a seperate DE test and a D1E test if they were automatically given with a D test. :confused:

I believe he means that if you have CE completed FIRST and THEN do D, you will automatically get D1E and DE - they are not automatically given upon completion of a D test only.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

a full D license will only give you cat D & D1 on your license. You need need to either get C+E to get the E added onto your D or else get a trailer and do D+E test. If you have C+E already then when you get full D you can add the E on to your D & also you B category

• Advertisement
Advertisement