Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Car Budget €8-9k

Options
  • 12-01-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, 
    Hope can get some input from people. My current car (2004 Honda Civic 1.4 Petrol) is doing ok but had it 7.5 years and need a change. Its still going strong through! I have a budget of €8-9k at the moment to get a used car. Also happy to buy up north (Almost prefer it to be honest as look like get better value there) My criteria I am working in is below. 
    • Budget €8-9k
    • Petrol < 1.6L (Only do max 8000 miles per year mainly to/from work so makes sense for mid size petrol)
    • 5 doors
    • Ok amount of boot space (nothing massive required)
    • 2009 on-wards preferred 
    • Practical for small family (no kids at moment but dont want to change car if this changes)
    Couple of ideas I have so far. 
    • 2011 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost (Seen a few online up north may be able to get on the road here for above €9k or over)
    • Kia Ceed (seems to not be a lot of Petrol models)
    • Hyundai i30
    Appreciate any input/advice people may have on best way to do it or models to go for? I want to try get sorted with a car in next few weeks if works out. 

Chris

Comments

Advertisement