Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Belt Buckle Extension

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The belt buckle extension won't have been tested by the car manufacturer, when the tensioner is activated in a crash there's no way to know how it would react, personally I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

bbk wrote:
    A family member who is often a passenger has arthritis and has serious issues getting to the belt buckle.

Genuine question, why can't the driver just help them with their belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Dial Hard wrote: »

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I buckle and unbuckle the belt for my Parkinson's/Arthritic sufferer. It's no big deal. If the sufferer has a problem walking and you're forced to stop in carparks near the entrance it might be time to apply for a disabled card on your car. I'm not at that stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Motability Ireland do certified ones AFAIK. Their stuff is usually pricey enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

Thanks for that, I'll check those mobility Ireland ones out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

Dial Hard wrote: »

Well the driver may not always be there. In my case the passenger is just arthritic so if the driver is off getting something and the passenger see something in a shop or something, waiting for the driver wouldnt be the nicest feeling in the world.

This person also drives with the arthritis only causing a hassle for the belt buckle.

Advertisement