Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 D4d injector issue

Options
  • 11-01-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi guys I've a 06 Avensis D4d chain driven 2.0 diesel with I suspect an injector issue. Very smokey on cold starts. I replaced the 4 heater plugs today but no joy. I did notice one of the heater plugs cylinder 2 was very difficult to remove and was caked in what I think is carbon all the way up to the threads. The other 3 were perfectly clean hence my thinking I've an injector issue. I've only just bought the car privately few days and of course seller is denying there was ever a problem. I really don't want to pay 300e for an injector from Toyota plus labour to fit. I'm handy on the spanners but this is beyond me. Is there any place in Clare or Limerick that recondition injectors? Any help or input appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Hi guys I've a 06 Avensis D4d chain driven 2.0 diesel with I suspect an injector issue. Very smokey on cold starts. I replaced the 4 heater plugs today but no joy. I did notice one of the heater plugs cylinder 2 was very difficult to remove and was caked in what I think is carbon all the way up to the threads. The other 3 were perfectly clean hence my thinking I've an injector issue. I've only just bought the car privately few days and of course seller is denying there was ever a problem. I really don't want to pay 300e for an injector from Toyota plus labour to fit. I'm handy on the spanners but this is beyond me. Is there any place in Clare or Limerick that recondition injectors? Any help or input appreciated

An injector from Toyota would probably be over the 1000 mark! I think you need to get the car properly diagnosed before going throwing expensive parts at it

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

I am doing. Good indy taking her Monday eve. I rang toyota and got price for an injector and that's the price he gave me 220e plus vat. I bet now that's only for the nozzle. I haven't a notion of purchasing anything till the issue is diagnosed. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst you know yourself.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hey OP, do you have the Toyota part number for this? Most genuine Denso reconditioned injectors cost in the region of €125 + VAT each. Denso are essentially what you'll be getting from Toyota but in a Toyota box.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

When you cold start the car is there a buzzing noise from the engine, esp if you rev it a little? could be a blocked strainer on the oil up take pipe. Caused by a carbon build up. Happened to me and the only cure is to change the copper washers on the injectors. Mine was smokey on cold starts too (corolla 2.0 D4D)

I don't but I can get it. I thought any manufacturer would be reconditioning the one I have..I spose best thing to do is wait till its out and get the number off the actual injector..

• Advertisement

Hmm that's another perspective... I don't hear any buzzing noise just sounds like a regular diesel engined car to me to be honest

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I don't but I can get it. I thought any manufacturer would be reconditioning the one I have..I spose best thing to do is wait till its out and get the number off the actual injector..
    Denso injectors are fitted to most diesel Toyota's. There are three authorised Denso repairers in Ireland. See:

http://www.denso-am.co.uk/where-to-buy/

We recently had a 2.0 Auris (most likely same engine/injectors as yours) have issues with hard starting in the mornings when cold and smokey on start up, set of 4 injectors set back €681 for full test and recondition of the set (not including fitting). It cured the hard start and smoke issue with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Put injector seals into it.(small copper washers) Torque the injectors down properly then. That should do it.

Hi guys just an update. Changed no2 injector. Got a reconditioned one. So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 3 landquery2017

any harm to ask how much it cost.... im thinking i have a similar issue in the making at the moment?

• Advertisement

Each recon injector is 175e plus rocker cover gasket at 30e plus labour. Labour cost depends if the injectors are seized or not and how long it takes to remove injector and washer

Advertisement