Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Auris eating headlight bulbs

Options
  • 11-01-2017 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Patww79 wrote: »
    My 2007 Auris flies through headlight bulbs at a pretty alarming rate, talking a couple of months for one. Tried every type of bulb from good ones to cheaper ones and always take care not to touch the glass, etc. I see a lot of Toyotas on the road that tend to have a lot of bulbs blown more often than not (usually rear though), so is it just a common fault on them and maybe something to look at bulk buying? Thanks.

Get your alternator and battery checked. I had this issue on a focus a few years ago and it turned out to be a dodgy alternator that only got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I had the same issue with all of my Auris's

I get them via work from 2010 my current 152 has eaten 4 bulbs the previous 131 had 10 or so in its life time

The new bulbs are 38 euro a pop from Toyota a lot of the motor factors dont stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My father has a 2009 Auris for the last 6 years and I think he only ever had to change a bulb once in it. Is it one particular headlight that keeps blowing or both? You might have a voltage issue, maybe have a good auto electrician investigate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I had similar problems with my Peugeot 406, but it was caused by a dodgy alternator pulley leading to unstable voltages. It was obvious when idling as the lights would flicker, and the pulley got progressively worse and very noisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Do you start the car with the lights on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you items permanently charging in the car from cig lighter or aux socket?

Advertisement