Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying 06 passat anything to look out for

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

So I'm going looking at a 06 passat highline 105bhp, just wondering is there anything in particular I should look out for or should ask?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a solid car but the early ones can give their fair share of niggly problems. The steering racks can give problems on them and is pricy enough to replace. Electric parking brake can also throw an error which can either be a faulty parking brake button or a sticking brake caliper. Timing belt and water pump change on the 1.9 TDi is every 60k miles or 5 years afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

lexuslad wrote: »
    So I'm going looking at a 06 passat highline 105bhp, just wondering is there anything in particular I should look out for or should ask?
    Thanks

As bazz said the electric handbrakes are known to give bother on them. A lot of time its the switch that is the problem.

Make sure the engine code isnt BXE , i think the BXEs came a bit later though. Known for conrod through engine block.

The other thing is clutch and dual mass flywheel . its a bonus if they were done recently. listen for knocks on startup or vibrations when driving.

Advertisement