Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 engine overheating problem - Any good garage in Dublin for repair?

Options
  • 09-01-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    My car is 2006 peugeot 407 petrol. I started getting the coolant error since a week and the engine temperature just shoots up to maximum suddenly. Do anyone know a good garage in dublin to repair it and how much cost can i expect?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's too early to say how much it will cost as no diagnosis is done yet.
    Are there any lights on the dash right now? Most local mechanics should be able to scan car for an error code.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Yes. Engine temperature very high and coolant error and also de pollution system faulty. Booked it in for a diagnostic check this Friday with a main dealer just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there any coolant left in it?

It got full serviced two days back. They topped up the coolant and said the error is gone but it's not. When I went back to the garage again they said that they are just a servicing centre and I need to take it to a workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

kevincool wrote: »
    It got full serviced two days back. They topped up the coolant and said the error is gone but it's not. When I went back to the garage again they said that they are just a servicing centre and I need to take it to a workshop.
    thats a load of something else, a main dealer having only a servicing unit but no workshop

• Advertisement

It was a local garage which did the full servicing. Now I am going to the main dealer for a full diagnostic check.

Advertisement