Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing miles to KM - Outlander Phev

Options
  • 09-01-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I know this has been covered in various ways, but I haven't seen anything for a new car.

I am planning to buy a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (GX4h) in the next couple of months. It will be a cash buy and I have been pointed to the UK imports to save a considerable amount.

The one annoying thing is the odo is in miles. Without messing with the warranty, how can I change the odo to kilometers? Does it require a whole replacement? Or can the odo be reprogrammed and the speedo face be swapped out for one that reads in kilometers?

First worlds problems, I know....but if it could be done for reasonable money, I would happily do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Does it not have both on it - KM being the smaller set?

If it's any use you can probably change the digital displays (odometer etc) through settings.
    Certainly my originally UK A6 has that option and personally I prefer having both on the dial rather than just KM - although with the way it shows the speed (in KM/H) in the centre of the instrument panel I rarely look at the actual gauge anymore.

Example from the web - on mine the centre shows KM/H as configured through the MMI:

WP_20150117_011_zpsac785f77.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Yes, it has smaller kph, but the odometer reading would be in miles and I am not sure that is changeable using the settings only. It's just a preference that I would be willing to pay a bit extra for if I could get it sorted. I'm sure I would get over it if I couldn't change it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

goz83 wrote: »
    Yes, it has smaller kph, but the odometer reading would be in miles and I am not sure that is changeable using the settings only. It's just a preference that I would be willing to pay a bit extra for if I could get it sorted. I'm sure I would get over it if I couldn't change it.

If it has a digital display on the dash then I dont see why it cant change from miles to KM. The VW golf I have is a UK import and in the main settings menu there is an option to change it to KM if I want.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    If it has a digital display on the dash then I dont see why it cant change from miles to KM. The VW golf I have is a UK import and in the main settings menu there is an option to change it to KM if I want.

If that was the case, I would be delighted. Then, if I could have the speedo face changed out, it would be a home run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If that was the case, I would be delighted. Then, if I could have the speedo face changed out, it would be a home run.

You could get a set of stickers for the dials for your speedo :)

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    You could get a set of stickers for the dials for your speedo :)

I've seen that done in FTOs. No Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

You tried asking the main dealer..??

You tried asking the main dealer..??

No. I figured the mention of importing from a foreign country would put them on the defensive.

I took a short spin in a nissan leaf yesterday and the minute I mentioned the outlander and UK price difference, the salesman was like "oh, well you have to be careful those uk yokes. Importing is very risky"

:pac: This particular dealership imports from Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

No. I figured the mention of importing from a foreign country would put them on the defensive.

I took a short spin in a nissan leaf yesterday and the minute I mentioned the outlander and UK price difference, the salesman was like "oh, well you have to be careful those uk yokes. Importing is very risky"

:pac: This particular dealership imports from Japan.

Ask a main dealer in the UK, they'll give you an honest answer. They don't give a shyte, once a car is sold.

Irish Nissan dealer's always gonna try and dissuade you. Money grabbing barstewards.

Advertisement