Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED bulbs

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm just curious, if I buy a White like literally pure white LED H7 bulbs to replace my standard halogen H7 bulbs will guards have a problem with them or they won't care?

Cuz like I don't wanna be pulled over just because my headlights produce cold white instead of warm white.

If so, does anybody knows any site here in Ireland or UK where can You get LED bulbs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

A work colleague fitted some to his mk7 golf. They were whipped out and the halogens put back in a matter of days. Found them to be utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

LED bulb for parking lights, number plate lights are fine. don't use them for headlights or dipped lights, they're all crap.

What car is it ? a xenon option may be available for the car (do not fit xenons in your standard reflectors)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,199 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a waste of time and money, poor light makes them completely useless so you might as well stick candles in the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

High power LEDs (a.k.a. CREE or the likes) are the future of automotive lighting, I'd say, they give massive amount of light.

BUT... headlight assembly MUST be designed to it.

What if not?

Will it fit? Yes, Chinese lads can do everything, so it obviously will.

Will the beam be up to specs? NO! Nobody would be able to set the beam pattern properly, so light will go everywhere.

Conclusion - forget it.

Edit: Better get yourself a set of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What about dual filament brake light (P21 I think..). Always thought the one's on the C5 were a bit poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

joujoujou wrote: »
    Edit: Better get yourself a set of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited off ebay.

Are they good? Do they produce a lot of light ? I have some cheap ring H7 right now and they ****...
    What car is it ? a xenon option may be available for the car (do not fit xenons in your standard reflectors)

Corsa C 01, Xenons not an option, only if I change the entire reflectors to the one with the lens projectors but that cost more then a set of bulbs from a proper company.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I bought a pair of Philips Whitevision H7 a while back and they emit a whiter light than standard fitted halogens. They're not as powerful as the Nightbreakers though. I drive in the city basically all of the time so I was happy with these, but if I was on some national roads in the less developed areas than i would probably prefer the Nightbreakers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They're really all muck, better off getting a hid kit and getting it professionally installed unless ur good at these things

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

Can't get hids for my car, i've normal halogen lamps so if I install them they would blind all the people around me.
    I guess I'm gonna listen to you all and get a proper Osram nightbreakers for myself. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The nightbreakers are decent lights. Bosch also does a 120%+ H7 Bulb. I was impressed by them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've found night breakers to be overrated. They never really last.

Got a set of Lucas bulbs along the same lines as night breakers and find them brilliant. Year and a half later and not a bother out of them, nice crisp light from them too

Advertisement