Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacement car using only my old car as deposit.

Options
  • 09-01-2017 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Basically, myself and my partner bought a house this year and at the same time she started learning to drive, I sold my car and bought a small 1.4 petrol auris, to get her insured and also to put extra money towards deposit. So now we are in our new house and she has just got her full licence I'd love a newer car.
    I don't have much of a deposit, basically only the value of a spotless low mileage auris.
    Does anyone know my options, I'd love a 5 or 6 year old Beamer or even an Audi, will any pone accept a car like that as a deposit? Will I sell privately first! I'd obviously be looking for finance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Speaking from experience if your credit rating is good the deposit doesn't really matter in terms of whether you get approved or not.

What year is the Auris?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Speaking from experience if your credit rating is good the deposit doesn't really matter in terms of whether you get approved or not.

What year is the Auris?

It's only a 2007, so not worth much. Yea my credit rating is fairly good alright so I hope there will be no problem there!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

TheBully wrote: »
    It's only a 2007, so not worth much. Yea my credit rating is fairly good alright so I hope there will be no problem there!
    Thanks

A dealer will give you maybe €3000-4000 maximum for your own car if your lucky. Sell it straight and have a cash deposit which will go further when buying something newer.

Advertisement