Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best time to use the m50

Options
  • 08-01-2017 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Soo I have to pick the partner up from dublin airport on Saturday just after 10. Obviously from bring down the country and hearing the horror stories of people not being able to drive on it, accidents causing the whole thing to turn into a car park etc etc. I'm just wondering what time would be the easiest to drive it before 8am or just go at 9.30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭whippet

lollsangel wrote: »
    Soo I have to pick the partner up from dublin airport on Saturday just after 10. Obviously from bring down the country and hearing the horror stories of people not being able to drive on it, accidents causing the whole thing to turn into a car park etc etc. I'm just wondering what time would be the easiest to drive it before 8am or just go at 9.30.

Saturday morning won't be any issue (unless something unexpected)

The m50 is only carnage for us poor souls who have to commute on it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's no rush hour on a Saturday, so barring some awful calamity (God forbid) there should be no problems whatsoever that early in the morning.

Just time yourself by the mileage you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Where are you coming from?

The M50 is relatively empty on a Saturday morning, barring any accidents it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say after 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Thanks a million guys!!!! coming up from tipperary. I dropped him at 6am Stephen day morning and there was nothing on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Thanks a million guys!!!! coming up from tipperary. I dropped him at 6am Stephen day morning and there was nothing on it.

Make sure to leave plenty of time. That's a long way.

stimpson wrote: »
    Make sure to leave plenty of time. That's a long way.

Will do...probably give myself 2 to 2.5 hours to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure if you have seen the weather for Saturday but it looks like a good chance there will be snow about.

Not sure if you have seen the weather for Saturday but it looks like a good chance there will be snow about.

Oh lovely...guess I'll give myself an extra hour then...thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Oh lovely...guess I'll give myself an extra hour then...thanks

If there's snow, you better give yourself an extra week :)

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    If there's snow, you better give yourself an extra week :)

Jesus it couldn't be that bad....could it????hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

whippet wrote: »
    The m50 is only carnage for us poor souls who have to commute on it

It's going to be back to normal tomorrow morning, isn't it?

Say it isn't so, please say it isn't so.

Let last week be the norm for the M50, and the crappy queue from start to finish be the exception.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

R.O.R wrote: »
    It's going to be back to normal tomorrow morning, isn't it?

Say it isn't so, please say it isn't so.

Let last week be the norm for the M50, and the crappy queue from start to finish be the exception.
    I presume not all the colleges are back yet, so tomorrow should be some bit better than peak M50 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

marno21 wrote: »
    I presume not all the colleges are back yet, so tomorrow should be some bit better than peak M50 anyway.

I'm not back till the 23rd of January lyit. But I'd assume the colleges around Dublin would be around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Don't forget to pay the M50 toll.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd say mid June. No need for lights until 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

marno21 wrote: »

Colleges in my experience have very little effect. Its the primary / secondary schools that really ramp things up.

Was back to normal this morning and its definitely getting busier earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Best time,is n a private helicopter,

Best time,is n a private helicopter,

My finances wouldn't stretch unfortunately lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Around 2002 me and my brother used to head out at 3 am in a R5 turbo and a Renault 19 16v out to the airport for a coffee and smoke .Not a soul at that hour.Good times.

Advertisement