Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Android head unit - USB reverse camera for Passat b6 ?

Options
  • 07-01-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently fitted an android radio to a Passat b6 (model 9401cu)

$_1.JPG

It has reverse camera capability when reverse is engaged. So I'm looking to hook up a camera via USB connection.

What are my options camera wise ? Has anyone seen anything online ? Or possibly someone who could supply and fit.....

TIA.

Comments

I installed my own on my golf but didnt use usb.

are you sure you can get it to switch to usb automatically ?
    mine will only switch to the aux input (yellow phono type plug)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If your model Passat has the boot lid catch in the rear badge you can get an aftermarket unit to replace it with a camera in it. Very neatly pops out on a motor when you engage reverse.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    If your model Passat has the boot lid catch in the rear badge you can get an aftermarket unit to replace it with a camera in it. Very neatly pops out on a motor when you engage reverse.

they are cool but i think they are savage money 400 quid or so .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Its an estate, so not an option.... Yeah will recheck that connection...

Thanks.

Advertisement