Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Power Meter. Pedals or Crank

• 07-01-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Time to invest in a power meter. I'm in between the Garmin Vector 2 Pedals at 720EUR or a single sided Stages crank one at 600EUR.

Can someone please advise which is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭nilhg

Hi Guys,

Time to invest in a power meter. I'm in between the Garmin Vector 2 Pedals at 720EUR or a single sided Stages crank one at 600EUR.

Can someone please advise which is better?

Define better?

The stages will be more convenient to move between bikes, the garmins if they are set up properly may give you better quality information if you have the means to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

People I know who have had the Garmin Pedals find they are a bugger to move between bikes and to calibrate, the Power Tap pedals are much better for this and don't require a torque wrench or any messing.

I have a Stages and have been very happy with it, measuring both sides is better than just measuring one side and doubling it however, as your left leg may no deliver 50% of your power and this has been known to vary with fatigue.

DC Rainmaker is the go to resource for all things Power Meter related, have a read of his thoughts on both and other power meters here - https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/power-meters-buyers-guide2016-edition.html

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

nilhg wrote: »
    Define better?

The stages will be more convenient to move between bikes, the garmins if they are set up properly may give you better quality information if you have the means to use it

Define better? You don't know the word better?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Inquitus wrote: »
    People I know who have had the Garmin Pedals find they are a bugger to move between bikes and to calibrate, the Power Tap pedals are much better for this and don't require a torque wrench or any messing.

I have a Stages and have been very happy with it, measuring both sides is better than just measuring one side and doubling it however, as your left leg may no deliver 50% of your power and this has been known to vary with fatigue.

DC Rainmaker is the go to resource for all things Power Meter related, have a read of his thoughts on both and other power meters here - https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/power-meters-buyers-guide2016-edition.html

Excellent resource. Great help. Thanks very much for the link. I think I'll go for the Stages then.

Advertisement