Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Old toyota parts request

Options
  • 05-01-2017 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

Question for toyota fans. Ive heard tell of a lad in or near Dundalk who breaks 80s and 90s toyotas. Anyone have any knowledge of him, and if so, any contact details?
    Or anyone know of ANYWHERE breaking old toyotas, or somewhere that has new old stock, or specifically anyone know of a toyota carina ii lying up? I'm stuck for a couple of parts that are gone out of production, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Question for toyota fans. Ive heard tell of a lad in or near Dundalk who breaks 80s and 90s toyotas. Anyone have any knowledge of him, and if so, any contact details?
    Or anyone know of ANYWHERE breaking old toyotas, or somewhere that has new old stock, or specifically anyone know of a toyota carina ii lying up? I'm stuck for a couple of parts that are gone out of production, thanks.

Are you sure they're out of production?

Have you got the part numbers and tried them in toyodiy.com to see if the part is shared with other models?

If you Google the part number you'll often see Chinese companies remaking the parts. Worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That's fantastic info right there, thanks. According to Dennis Mahoneys the parts are out of production, and they say that's coming from toyota Japan. Also the parts are unique to that model.
    I can see the parts I need on that site but I can't see how to order them. Do I need to register or wha?

Ahhh, I see its just for reference and doesn't mean the parts are in stock anywhere. I'll Google the part numbers now.

Thanks very much corglas, managed to source them in japan through that link. Isn't t'internet wonderful.

Ahhh sheeeite. Got an email refunding me because the parts are not available in Japan either. Ah well, back to the breaker hunt:(

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

I have a number or a guy that I get parts for my Landcruiser for in Monaghan I think he is based, only does Landcruiser and hilux as far as I know . Could be same lad if not he may point you in the right direction.. I'll pm u now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Ahhh sheeeite. Got an email refunding me because the parts are not available in Japan either. Ah well, back to the breaker hunt:(

What exactly are you after for it?

I have an obscure Toyota too, and its a mission, but often a part with a different number is identical to a part for similar car of similar era.l despite different part numbers.

Thanks brown. The parts are the two roof drip rails . Toyota parts 75553-20130 and 75554-20110. Not essential items, but the lack of them completely takes away from the look of the car.

Thanks brown. The parts are the two roof drip rails . Toyota parts 75553a and 75554a. Not essential items, but the lack of them completely takes away from the look of the car.

What's the second part of the number? That willl just be be the generic drip rail part number across the board, need the second 5 digit number to go model specific

Edit* never mind :)

https://www.partacus.de/ersatzteile/detail/319ad82b174914ed242dd5b9a709dfc6/

It says the have it in stock in 2-3 days, maybe not..

There's also a guy near Dundalk who brakes old toyotas, might be a good shout for those, if not - he'll probably find them for you, I'll pm you his number

Cheensbo wrote: »

There's also a guy near Dundalk who brakes old toyotas, might be a good shout for those, if not - he'll probably find them for you, I'll pm you his number

Cheers, that's the lad I was trying to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Cheers, that's the lad I was trying to find.

Possibly a bit of a trek for you but you could try George Simpson Aclare, Co Sligo ( Toyota Spares) 071 - 9181222.

He breaks just Toyotas AFAIK.

Thanks, the more the merrier. I managed to order from another jap company but really I'm expecting the same reply.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

I have the name/number of a mechanic in Mayo who (although isn't a breaker) only services Toyotas.

He tends to have a car lying about to borrow parts from for diagnosis / repair.

PM me and I'll forward his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Avns1s wrote: »
    [...] George Simpson Aclare, Co Sligo [...]

+1.

My regular supplier. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Hi lads I'm in the same boat, I have a 1991 Toyota Townace and need a diesel injection pump part number is 22100-66xxx (will look it up later on and fill in last bit) but having difficulty getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

A pal of mine drives a 1990 Toyota Corolla. Now starting to find problems with parts no longer being available.

He is based in Dublin. He went to Summerhill Spares and they found the bits he was looking for easily enough. There is also a bit of luck involved as to whether or not they have broken what you are looking for.

They are based in Coolock. Here is a link http://www.summerhillspares.ie/ . He e-mailed them first to save time. I now see that they also have a parts request form on their site.

I think that they might also do some fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

I've sent you a PM with the guy in Louths number

Managed to source a pair in bad condition locally, but in the meantime I've ordered a set through your link. I'll let you know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Hi,
    Could. You pm me the details of the guy in Dundalk who breaks Toyota's. I have an old gli liftback sprinter to move on.

Hi,
    Could. You pm me the details of the guy in Dundalk who breaks Toyota's. I have an old gli liftback sprinter to move on.

You do? How old? :) is it in bad order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

You do? How old? :) is it in bad order?

Fully respray, shocks spirings antiroll bars need doing. Still running 250000miles.
    Have it 18years and wished ,it put it into storage.

Advertisement