Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maternity Benefit

Options
  • 04-01-2017 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All :)

Been rooting through internet pages & citizens information (no chance getting through to them) - hopefully someone can clarify something for me here.

I am currently in full time employment (same job the past two years) however I am at my wits end, as I am 30 weeks pregnant and have fought to continue working (constant butting heads with a manager here).

The only reason I have not handed in my notice is because I am under the illusion if I do, I will not receive Maternity Benefit from the state.

I don't plan on returning back to employment - especially not here once Maternity is up.

Can someone shed some light on this? If I decide to hand in notice now, will I lose Maternity benefit?

Thanking you in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 seriousally01

Thanks for that but I had also seen this on the website;

All employees must have their leave certified by their employer. However, if your contract of employment ends within 16 weeks of the end of the week in which your baby is due and you satisfy the social insurance (PRSI) conditions, Maternity Benefit is payable from the day after the date on your P45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Why don't you get signed off sick, get your holiday and bank holiday entitlements from your job and hand in notice at end of maternity period.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

However, if your contract of employment ends within 16 weeks of the end of the week in which your baby is due and you satisfy the social insurance (PRSI) conditions, Maternity Benefit is payable from the day after the date on your P45.[/I]

This only relates to a case where you are on contract work which is due to finish

If you are in a permanent ongoing job, that doesn't apply

Advertisement