Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash repairs in Cork

Options
  • 04-01-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi lads, i need some minor job for my car, basically the front bumper has slightly come away on one of the sides and the bonnet slightly crooked, read different opinions about body repair shops around. Your personal experience would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Pat Kerry Quinn, Harbour View Road, Knocknaheeny beside Applegreen. Very good, decent folk and reasonably priced.
    A lot of the Taxi Drivers in town go to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

This guy

https://www.goldenpages.ie/field-barry-crash-repairs-cork/

Have bought 4 cars to him and the work is always top notch. Cheapest in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

I've used this company many times for project cars / classic cars / family cars etc over last 15 years : http://www.owenhodder.com/

Workmanship has been excellent; and they have great patience dealing with car obsessed customers :p

Tramore Road, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I use Kenny Brothers on the Tramore Road, always great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Donal O Callaghan in Mayfield, very reasonable and the main dealers use him for a lot of their repairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Ive always used John Harrington on the Tramore Rd. Always good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I've found Kevin Neville good and also cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Pat Kerry Quinn, Harbour View Road, Knocknaheeny beside Applegreen. Very good, decent folk and reasonably priced.

He is now up in exchange business park churchfield

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Google Dineen's crash repairs they have a fantastic reputation!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Got a quote recently from them, very cheap in comparison to others but unsure if the quality of work is up to standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

I am poping in several crash repairs shops mentioned in here and I will be posting the quote I am getting from them, I think it is going to be interesting.

- Pat Kerry Quinn Crash Repairs aprox. 400€
    - Bill Brennan, aprox. 950€, 980€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Brennan's are excellent. Did a lot of work on my fathers car lately after an accident and it's one of the best repair jobs I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Got a quote recently from them, very cheap in comparison to others but unsure if the quality of work is up to standard?

Someone crashed into my wife's car whilst I was driving along the Western Road, took it several places before they were recommended to me by a Taxi Driver.
    My wife could not believe the quality of the job, not only was it properly repaired they also did a few extra non crash related damage for free.
    My wife reckoned it didn't look as well when she got it first day.

I am poping in several crash repairs shops mentioned in here..............

I'd be surprised if Kenny Brothers aren't the most expensive.

Some good recommendations so far, Donie in Forge Hill Crash Repairs would be where I'd go if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Google Dineen's crash repairs they have a fantastic reputation!

Very expensive

Most of the places that get plenty of insurance work are expensive as they don't need to be as price aware as places that don't get the volume of insurance work.

If Dineens, Red Abbey etc don't get to do private work as they quote high they aren't overly bothered :)

I add anotother one:

- Pat Kerry Quinn Crash Repairs aprox. 400€
    - Bill Brennan, aprox. 950€, 980€
    - Jim Greene, 800€ to 1000€

I could not update the post before, you will not believe me but after going to severar crash repairs shops in Cork and as I wrote before most of the shops quoted me between 700€ to 1.000€, I decided to go for Pat Kerry Quinn Crash Repairs, what was my suprise that I left my car at 9am in the morning and at 4:30pm the same day it was fixed and the best they finally asked me for 250€ I am not joking 250€.

I can not be more happy with the job they did, highly recomended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Dineens do great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Kenny Brothers aren't the most expensive.

Some good recommendations so far, Donie in Forge Hill Crash Repairs would be where I'd go if I was you.

Donie in forge hill crash repairs is not known for his attention to detail, rough and ready!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭tom85

Sitec wrote: »
    Dineens do great work.
    Two door in ford focus 2005 car resprayed plus a new skin on one of door came to 1600 euro ok that included a hire car as well but was very expensive you where paying out of your own pocket (insurance job)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

kuro2k wrote: »
    Donie in forge hill crash repairs is not known for his attention to detail, rough and ready!!

I've had two jobs done by him, one a fairly detailed affair, and couldn't fault either. Top class work IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'm using Ivor Trinder in Douglas for nearly 20 years and the work has always turned out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Lee crash repairs just beyond pouladuff dismantlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I've had two jobs done by him, one a fairly detailed affair, and couldn't fault either. Top class work IMO.

It's only when you remove part that you'll realise all is not good underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I use Kenny Brothers on the Tramore Road, always great service!

I had one dealing with them.
    Was highly amused with the description of the job he quoted on for me . :P

Advertisement