Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is happening to this country?

Options
13»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash


    The thread is to do with "what is happening to this country" you have derailed the conversation over systematic that everyone is aware of, you have not educated anyone and literally no one cares, jailed for not paying the fine, fined for not having a licence. So your point was to point out this distinction?


    clearly some people are not interested in an education.
    Depends on the source "ohnonotgmail" I doubt is something I could consider credible.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano


    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ok then forget about your small bump!! How about if someone was crossing the road and he ran them over?? Either way what he done was against the law and he got done for it. You cannot choose which laws apply to you and which dont!!

    I already said it was worthy of a fine. You seem to think a jail sentence is more appropriate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail


    Depends on the source "ohnonotgmail" I doubt is something I could consider credible.


    I posted a fact not an opinion. Facts are not dependent on the source. they stand on their own.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash


    jonnycivic wrote: »
    A small bump to lose control? Jesus how are there any cars left on the roads in Ireland.

    Ok then forget about your small bump!! How about if someone was crossing the road and he ran them over?? Either way what he done was against the law and he got done for it. You cannot choose which laws apply to you and which dont!!
    Guy was driving too fast, I remember same thing happened to an Ambulance driver who was delivering an organ, and I am pretty sure Ambulance drivers are at least trained in high speed driving.
    Doc has what a lot of people may consider a legitimate excuse, but that is all it is an excuse.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot


    Guy was driving too fast, I remember same thing happened to an Ambulance driver who was delivering an organ, and I am pretty sure Ambulance drivers are at least trained in high speed driving.
    Doc has what a lot of people may consider a legitimate excuse, but that is all it is an excuse.

    Exacatly, the surgeon has no advanced training. If the judge didnt fine him in this case and let him away think of how many Drs. around the country would now use this as their excuse for speeding.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano


    seamus wrote: »
    O'Connell Avenue

    If you think doing in excess of 100km/h through here any time of the day or night is acceptable, then you shouldn't be on the road.

    The law disagrees, as he is still on the road.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash


    Depends on the source "ohnonotgmail" I doubt is something I could consider credible.


    I posted a fact not an opinion. Facts are not dependent on the source.  they stand on their own.
    The sky is blue, there you go, another fact, do you think I have educated anyone?


  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Busyness1


    I would have thought it was very much on topic. It is brought up every time one of these "omg the courts are terrible" threads start. and somebody always claims that people are jailed for not having a tv licence. and we have the same dance we have just had.

    Really? We are using "omg the courts are terrible" AH type language now? I know you "think" your opinion holds more weight than others however the comparison being made from the offset was between being convicted for speeding versus being let off the hook for multiple drug dealings. Not for tv licence ordeals. I think you need to stop dancing, it's novelty has well worn off at this stage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail


    The sky is blue, there you go, another fact, do you think I have educated anyone?

    why do you have an issue with my correcting a post that was incorrect?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano


    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Exacatly, the surgeon has no advanced training. If the judge didnt fine him in this case and let him away think of how many Drs. around the country would now use this as their excuse for speeding.

    You need to back up the excuse in court though. Again it's a bit sensational to think that doctors all over Ireland would simply have to regurgitate this excuse and frustrated guards would have to let them go. You also realise there are grounds to appeal speeding fines based on medical emergencies?

    He was called to resuscitate a patient and knowingly broke the speed limit, admitted fault and paid the fine. Calling him a massive risk to human life is very, very silly. That implies a mere fine isn't enough.


  • Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail


    Busyness1 wrote: »
    Really? We are using "omg the courts are terrible" AH type language now? I know you "think" your opinion holds more weight than others however the comparison being made from the offset was between being convicted for speeding versus being let off the hook for multiple drug dealings. Not for tv licence ordeals. I think you need to stop dancing, it's novelty has well worn off at this stage.


    I have not posted any opinions. I also did not bring up the tv licence issue


  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo


    I'm not sure what this thread is about but it's not legal discussion.

    Closed.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement