Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landcruiser knock

Options
  • 02-01-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi, have a high mileage landcruiser, 2006 d4d, its got what sounds like fairly heavy injector knock when cold, improves but still noticeable when warm. Car starts and runs fine, but i need to get this thing sorted. Whats the best route to isolating the problem?.can injectors be successfully reconditioned?.any recommendations in cork , kerry for the job?
    Should the autobox oil be changed in these cars? I do a bit of towing...
    Thanks for reading..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

I have a second hand set of injector's sitting on the shelf here if you need any, send me a PM. They came out of a low milage 2010 Cruiser engine, willing to let go of them cheap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

What kind of mileage are we talking? I could be wrong but I think the autobox is a 'sealed for life' unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Oops! wrote: »
    I have a second hand set of injector's sitting on the shelf here if you need any, send me a PM. They came out of a low milage 2010 Cruiser engine, willing to let go of them cheap.....

Jeez, ok, am to get thing checked, if i need, will give you a shout..will yours fit a 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

TrailerBob wrote: »
    What kind of mileage are we talking? I could be wrong but I think the autobox is a 'sealed for life' unit.
    hi, over 200k miles...not sealed as i heard they recommend a change if doing a lotta trailer woork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Jeez, ok, am to get thing checked, if i need, will give you a shout..will yours fit a 2006?

They will....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Oops! wrote: »
    They will....

2010 model won't be the same as an 2006 model. Certainly not if the OP's original part number is 23670-30080.

Advertisement