Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault trafic windows

Options
  • 30-12-2016 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I have a 2008 115 dci Renault Trafic.

Last week both my electric windows stopped working. I was with my mechanic today and we were looking into it.

Both window switches are working fine.

The main problem is that there is no power getting to the 30amp fuse for the windows. When the mechanic got power from another fuse to the 30amp window fuse the windows worked.

We checked the relays under the coolant tank as well as under the dash and they all appear to be working fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to check? Why would there be no power coming to the 30amp window fuse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could be many reasons, maybe best to swing by an auto electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did you check for rodent damage?

Did you check for rodent damage?

Ya there's no rodent damage that I can see. I ran over a branch and when I took
    It out from under the engine I noticed a few mins later that the windows weren't working.

I can't see any wires under the van or where the branch got stuck either.

May it's just a coincidence that they stopped working after that. They were definatly working a half hour before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Are your radio and wipers ok or are they gone as well?

• Advertisement

Are your radio and wipers ok or are they gone as well?

Hi George my radio and wipers both work fine. There is a separate 30amp fuse for the wipers and for some reason there is no power to that fuse either. Even with the wiper fuse removed the wipers continue to work for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Interesting. We had a guy in before Christmas with an identical van to yours. He had no wipers, radio or electric windows. We found one fuse common to all 3 and that fixed it. I didn't do the job myself but I'm pretty sure it was a 30amp at one of the A pillars.

You could try the fusible links at the battery under the passenger floor mat. Have seen those blow before but I don't know if any of them are responsible for the windows. If you are still in bother on Tuesday let me know and I can check diagrams for you.

Cheers George. I was looking again with a friend there and there's nothing obvious showing. I can't any diagrams online either to try help me see where to look

Well I meant to give an update on this sooner. My mechanic ended up having to get an auto electrician out to sort the windows.

He told me that wires somewhere under the fuseboard under the coolant take had cut and were shorting off the van. I don't know how they ended up getting cut. Possibly rubbing against metal or that.

Anyhow he auto electrican told him I was lucky that it could have caused the van to go up in smoke :-(

It cost me a total of €300 but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing the van and all my tools in it as well

Advertisement