Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Airbag warning light & car dies! 03 Toyota Yaris

Options
  • 21-12-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Wondering if anyone has advice on this...

Last week, I was driving my 03 Yaris when the airbag warning light came on, a few seconds later my car slowly lost power and conked out. Once I restarted the car, I was able to drive for a few minutes before happening again numerous times making it impossible to drive anywhere on a main road...

Funnily enough, the next day the warning light went off and the car is running perfectly again but I'm afraid incase the same thing happens. I've taken the car to a mechanic who looked at the diagnostics & engine and can't find anything wrong, or an explanation to why it happened

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lchhung

Do you find any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Did your mechanic check your alternator?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CS2811

Yep, all seems to be perfect. It's mind boggling as the car has been running absolutely perfect ever since!

Advertisement