Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internship at Information Security Company

• 17-12-2016 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!

I'm looking into internships at some sort of company which deals with cyber security perhaps, and I want to receive some help or some pointers perhaps. I'm 16 so I'm fairly new to trying to find internships. What I'm not fairly new to is Cyber Security itself. I've been involved in the scene for the past 4 years or so. I want to see what it feels like to actually work in an actual company, rather than just the comfort of my home. I have a bit of experience in everything (networks, programming, cryptography etc) so that shouldn't be any sort of issue.

I'm situated in the core Dublin region so around this area (Although I don't mind a little further unless it's out the county) would be amazing. I'm also looking for somebody who could help me out a little. Maybe mentor me a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Obvious step would be to get certified in areas you claim,since without them you wont get into interviews/internships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

So you are in school still? Chance your arm approch google..... see if any of them say yes, what have you got to lose?
    Put together an email, link a git hub with sample code... worst case they say no or don't answer. Best case you get some experinace.

Also try big companies with a dedicate website, ryanair, paddy power.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What are you doing at the moment? I know Riot have taken on InfoSec summer interns the last couple of years, but I think their program is for College level students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xuberant

@scamalert Planning on getting my CISSP and potentially CISSO as well.

@spaceHopper Yeah I still am in school. Currently in 5th year. I've had a long gander on Google but couldn't find much. They always have age requirements or experience amount requirement.

@Blowfish Currently, not much. I'll have a look at Riot. Not in college so it might be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

what InfoSec experience do you have? ie. what have you touched on/understand/done.

Best advice would be to start looking at 3rd level courses and find one that's right for you, and then start applying for internships in first year of college.

Unless you know someone in the industry, without qualification, it will be extremely difficultly to gain experience especially at your age.

Keep up the work though the more you know the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement