Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arlene Foster and the RHI scandal

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you seriously accusing a member of the Labour Party of also being a member of an illegal organisation? If so, the mud-slinging has reached new depths in my opinion.

You do know the history of the labour party??

This is hardly earth shattering revelations like.

Including one of whom went onto be taniste also partaking in one of the most famous irish political photos

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVRvoSjSmbYIAveeB-W77-7CNYsUe1rNsarDjyUgtMucjj9Ybp

There is a welt of similar online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Consonata

Completely agree, but I understand that Army atrocities ARE being investigated.

And may be stopped by the Conservatives. There have already been attempts to halt these investigations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Consonata wrote: »
    And may be stopped by the Conservatives. There have already been attempts to halt these investigations.

That young lad they killed outside a chipper in derry you'll see will be the modus operandi of the investigations going forward

They'll string it out along as they can until the perpattors die,so to look good and proving innocence of the victim and also avoid the political nettle of having to convict the soldiers for murdering innocent people.

Though all this will be messed up as by law of averges one of the them soldiers will most likely live to very old age

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A lot of people in the South oppose a reconciliation forum that would allow those responsible for to give just a few examples - the murder of Brian Stack, the sexual abuse of Mairia Cahill and Paudie McGahan, the holding of kangaroo courts etc. - to just walk free. To many like myself, it is not a question of something to hide, it is a requirement that justice still needs to be done and seen to be done in all of those cases.

That 'lot of people in the south' as usual need to educate themselves and stop listening to propagandists.
    SF (including Adams) have spoken about the difficulties a truth commission poses for all sides including them, they are not seeking immunity.
    They will not take part in a 'onesided process' it is an all or nothing deal and they have been consistent on that, but again 'as usual' there are those who refuse to hear this.
    "Republicans also inflicted great hurt. Members of the state forces here, including Gardai were killed.

"These matters need to be faced up to. Sinn Féin believes that the best way of doing this is through the establishment of an Independent International Truth Commission.

"The two governments’, former combatants and those in leadership across Ireland and Britain need to be part of such a process. There can be no hierarchy of victims.

"The people of this island need a genuine process of national reconciliation.

Like Arlene, you fall back on 'your' hierarchy of victims. Unfortunately Arlene's personal history is no different to the personal histories of thousands of people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭IrishSea

Are you seriously accusing a member of the Labour Party of also being a member of an illegal organisation? If so, the mud-slinging has reached new depths in my opinion.

As far as I know, the RNU isn't an illegal organisation.
    I'm stating as fact that Cahill was the secretary of it.
    I'm not sure what her position is these days.
    You seem to want to continually bring Cahill into this conversation, why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IrishSea wrote: »
    As far as I know, the RNU isn't an illegal organisation.
    I'm stating as fact that Cahill was the secretary of it.
    I'm not sure what her position is these days.
    You seem to want to continually bring Cahill into this conversation, why is that?
    You were happy to use her in the discussion by stating that she had a "seriously dodgy history" but when challenged you cant back it up and instead try to deflect.

kbannon wrote: »
    You were happy to use her in the discussion by stating that she had a "seriously dodgy history" but when challenged you cant back it up and instead try to deflect.

I gave you my reasons why I believe she has a seriously dodgy history, so I did 'back it up'.:rolleyes:
    That they don't suit you, and you along with others want to continually drag this thread off topic and on to Cahill says a lot.
    Remember, it was another poster who brought her into the conversation as part of his hierarchy of victims.
    Now, if you'd like to stay on topic, we'll continue.
    If not, don't bother replying to me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Arlene really seems to have a problem with presenting herself as someone who is not in a bunker or under siege.

Her 'blonde' comments on Michelle O'Neill are particularly cringeworthy given that she cried 'misogyny' so recently herself.
    She was given the chance to present a redeeming picture of herself (ala the stock PR arranged lifestyle interview in the Indo) and couldn't help herself.

Arlene really seems to have a problem with presenting herself as someone who is not in a bunker or under siege.

Her 'blonde' comments on Michelle O'Neill are particularly cringeworthy given that she cried 'misogyny' so recently herself.
    She was given the chance to present a redeeming picture of herself (ala the stock PR arranged lifestyle interview in the Indo) and couldn't help herself.

It's hard to change the arrogance of the DUP, they've had it all their way for too long.
    SF will put manners on them and then The North can move on.;)
    There's no unionist majority up there anymore and the sooner Arlene learns to deal with that little fact, the better.

Advertisement