Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to stop Aritech CS350 alarming

Options
  • 14-12-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,
    I need help with my Aritech CS350 alarm which is in an alarmed state - the internal alarm is activated and the display shows RKP Fault. As a temporary solution I have disconnected the internal siren to stop the alarm sounding but I can still hear a buzz from the PCB and the outside box is still flashing.

I haven't used the alarm since moving into the house over a year ago and I do not have an alarm code. The alarm sensors were never rewired after the previous owner put in new windows but the alarm was still connected to the mains and the outside box was lit up giving the impression that house was protected.

The alarm seems to have been triggered somehow when the next door neighbors had somebody from Eir out to look at installing a TV/phone/internet package for them. Maybe when he was inspecting the lines into their house he interfered with some tamper circuit, but the display is only showing RKP Fault. I have managed to return the system to a factory default, but the RKP is now unresponsive, it was accepting some input initially. Now it wont accept any input and I cannot access the menu.

What I'd like to do now is either get the alarm back to an unalarmed state or to fully power it down. When I disconnect the backup battery and the mains supply the outside box begins to sound. I'm not sure how this is being powered (maybe a battery in the external box?) or how long it'll sound for.

I'm hoping I can deactivate or power down the alarm without needing to call out an Engineer. I'll look into installing a new alarm sometime in the new year but for now I just want it deactivated.
    Any assistance or direction to somebody that can help would be appreciated.

Advertisement