Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farewell then Ian

• 12-12-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6DuebHliY

Who can forget this epic forecast he did. I loved his forecasting style, even if he wasn't a snow fan. A seemingly lovely man.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭secman

Rip

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sad news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Ah I mentioned him in the winter thread last night R.I.P and his January 87 lunchtime forecast

This is his Sunday weather for the week ahead forecast for then
    As usual it's not a forecast for Ireland so east coast streamer snow trains weren't mentioned but they were there goodo 2010 style
    The avoca river in Arklow froze solid

The front Ian mentioned in this by the way added about a foot of snow in Ballinteer South Dublin where I lived at the time
    There were ploughs clearing the Rosslare train line and when we eventually took the train down to Arklow,it was like a journey through Russia
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0IsvJlXVk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Ah I mentioned him in the winter thread last night R.I.P and his January 87 lunchtime forecast

This is his Sunday weather for the week ahead forecast for then
    As usual it's not a forecast for Ireland so east coast streamer snow trains weren't mentioned but they were there goodo 2010 style
    The avoca river in Arklow froze solid

The front Ian mentioned in this by the way added about a foot of snow in Ballinteer South Dublin where I lived at the time
    There were ploughs clearing the Rosslare train line and when we eventually took the train down to Arklow,it was like a journey through Russia
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0IsvJlXVk

I remember as a kid watching that forecast live at lunchtime on a very fuzzy BBC1 aeriel reception. At the time I was hyped for snow but kept thinking we wouldn't get much as they didn't really mention eastern Ireland or accurately show our snow trains. We ended up with about as much snow as most of the UK, had at least a week off school and built a snow mountain out the back which took nearly 3 weeks to melt!

RIP Ian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

RIP Ian. A true legend!

Advertisement