Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK Company changed my postcode?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Extending the Dublin system county by county... Likely some categorisation system that one specific courier uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

L1011 wrote: »
    Extending the Dublin system county by county... Likely some categorisation system that one specific courier uses.

Because eircode is a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hi5 wrote: »
    I have ammened it back to R95 xxxxx, but I am guessing it's some sort of default for non recognition of Irish postcodes?

Or some pre-EirCode system that they created.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭plodder

They actually look like UK postcode areas (and some of them are, the IV ones at the end). So, maybe they come from the UK post office. Given that the Royal Mail designed the original Dublin postcodes, maybe they extended the system to cover the republic as well, for their own internal use. Considering that all northern postcodes are BT (for Belfast) it might make sense to them that southern ones would use the D prefix (which isn't allocated already). Interesting find.

Advertisement