Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Substitute Teacher needs help!!

• 12-12-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm doing substitute work in a 2nd class in a DEIS 1 school at the moment. There is so many difficulties in the class, both emotional and academic, that I'm finding the whole thing extremely stressful. The teacher left no notes, and I don't know what to do. I can't find any plans, and the children have few books to follow as the school doesn't want to put pressure on the parents.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some websites that I could use to find lesson plans/worksheets/activities on which could keep the class working for a short while. I'm at my wits end, and am up late every night preparing PPTs in an attempt to keep the class interested.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Educationposts.ie
    twinkl.co.uk
    seomranga.com
    Who had them last year?How long will you be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

Hi OP,

Is there another teacher in the school you could go to for advice/resources? I always offer powerpoints, plans and resources if we have a sub in and generally I think most teachers would oblige.
    Aside from that could you do group project work? Either a theme from their SESE program or something locally of interest. I'm always amazed at how motivated children can be when we let them!
    Look up some of the Coláiste Lurgan songs on YouTube. You might find a suitable song for your Irish lesson.
    Lots of Art on Pinterest and some powerpoints on primary resources.co.uk.
    Scoilnet has some resources too.
    Best of luck with it all.

Advertisement