Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oliver Stone: ‘We owe Edward Snowden a huge debt. He’s a hero for our time’

Options
  • 11-12-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi,

Thanks to Irish Times, another story behind the Edward Snowden movie and life.

Enjoy reading it.

Oliver Stone: ‘We owe Edward Snowden a huge debt. He’s a hero for our time’

The reliably controversial American auteur spent 18 months talking to the CIA whistle-blower for his new film

Sat, Dec 10, 2016, 05:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Good read on wired.com about Ed Snowden

and after reading about all the shenanigans of the NSA and GCHQ, EFF.org has some timely advice on how to keep your stuff a little harder for them to get their paws on it.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

Snowden is an excellent movie. I saw it today. Nobody left the theater until the credits finished rolling - which is unusual in an Irish cinema in my experience.

Not everything is true. Putting a mobile phone in a microwave oven (using it as a Faraday's cage) does not work.

Trailer – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3774114/videoplayer/vi3406935833?ref_=tt_ov_vi

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3774114

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I also watched and enjoyed it last night, but errrm, not in a theater :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I also watched and enjoyed it last night, but errrm, not in a theater :)

I was in a cinema with about 28 screens. I would define each screening room as a theater. I can't speak for people who viewed other films at that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Impetus wrote: »
    I was in a cinema with about 28 screens. I would define each screening room as a theater. I can't speak for people who viewed other films at that location.

I wasn't having issues with your terminology; I watched it on my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Impetus wrote: »
    Putting a mobile phone in a microwave oven (using it as a Faraday's cage) does not work.

IIRC ovens use 2.45GHz which isn't that far off the 1800MHz mobile band, are 800/900MHz signals able to more easily penetrate what must be a reasonably effective 2.45GHz Faraday cage?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement