Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

NiK9 wrote:
    How so? They said they wouldn't send acknowledgement to say "dear *** We have received you're ist" The fact they are sending emails to everyone about the problems is to reassure everyone that they know of problems and are going to sort it.

Yes - maybe after the issues a receipt email would help. As far as I know the system worked but always nice to have confirmation or receipt - the same way we got an automated receipt after the application?
    Although they seem to be communicating much better this year?
    Hopefully they are able to iron out issues and get up and running soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I can’t compare to past years since this is my first but I do appreciate the email updates from Deloitte regarding the situation rather than a month or more of silence, not knowing what’s going on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Seems they have promised to review and extend the deadline for people who haven't finished their test yet, apparently they will have more information tomorrow. Really glad deloitte are giving us regular updates on this, would be worrying myself sick if they weren't so timely in putting out reassurances and informing us all properly of the situation
    Also quite glad it's being delayed, been sick as a dog for the past week and by the time we are allowed to do the IST again I'll probably be in far better shape to take a crack at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Where was that last update posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Becks19994

How are people receiving updates? I have received no emails. Sent an email last night to let them know about the error message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

It's on recruitment news on psni website guys, see below.
    [font=dinblack, serif]"IST Stage Update (10.30am 29.11.17): [/font]
    [font=dinregular, serif]We are completing a review of the technical difficulties experienced by the online IST system. Once complete we will ensure all candidates who have not yet fully completed the test are able to do so. Please bear (SIC) with us while we finalise the review and apply any technical resolutions to the system that are required.[/font]
    [font=dinregular, serif]Please note once we have the technical issues resolved we will make sure those candidates who have not yet started or completed their test will have a revised timeline in which to do so. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/font]
    [font=dinregular, serif]For all candidates who have already completed the online IST, please be assured that the system has successfully recorded your results. If however, you experienced any technical issues in completing your IST and have not yet advised us of these, please get in touch at info@joinpsni.co.uk.[/font]
    [font=dinregular, serif]We will post a further update tomorrow morning once the review is complete."[/font]

On a side note, when do we get our own “1710 PSNI Recruitment Campaign” thread? ;) XD

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

I just created one, see some of you there who are in the 1710 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Just to keep everyone posted, there is an update on the join PSNI webpage regarding the IST.. Seems we will have more info tomorrow.

Update on the site. Likely to be Monday for further update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pug_2017

I heard that psni and Deloitte are working to try sort the problem with the crashed system for ist, Deloitte can’t fix it and therefore they have to scrap the ist and take everyone to the assessment centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Pug_2017 wrote: »
    I heard that psni and Deloitte are working to try sort the problem with the crashed system for ist, Deloitte can’t fix it and therefore they have to scrap the ist and take everyone to the assessment centre

Unlikely. Do you have any idea how much that would cost lol?

Best case scenario is we are all called to a physical exam and they chin off the the IST resit at the AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

I cant see thst happening it would also vastly decrease everyone's chances of getting in. Surely a simpler option would be to sit the remaing candidates who havent complete d the ist, get them to phyiscally do the test instead of online

I cant see thst happening it would also vastly decrease everyone's chances of getting in. Surely a simpler option would be to sit the remaing candidates who havent complete d the ist, get them to phyiscally do the test instead of online

Then it's unfair on them. If that happens we'll all be going and having a wee test In an exam hall

The online system has been a bit of a shambles, to br fair they are communicating well with us but I think it was a bit of a gamble doing it online

Then it's unfair on them. If that happens we'll all be going and having a wee test In an exam hall

Yea no matter what way you look its going to be unfair for sombody

Deloitte farmed it out to another firm.

PSNI will incur a financial penalty on them for failing to deliver....

I can see us all going to an exam in the new year. And as such timings will be pushed back by at least two months

The online system works fine for other services that do ist online I just think they have used a company who can’t deliver and were proobably cheaper than the rest

Be so much easier if the assessment centre was run like the English forces. We're they do everything. Test, role plays, fitness etc all over the two days

• Advertisement

I think the best thing to do would be, making those who haven't set the exam do the same online IST to keep it fair. Would be a bit crap for those who have done it to have to do another test as it means some people will only do one test while others will do two. Just my opinion but who knows what way it will work, guess we will just need to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I highly doubt they'll scrap the online IST. It would provide bad reputation to the PSNI. Making the test be recompleted in person or progressing everyone would take too much time and would be too costly for the PSNI, who are already operating on a tight budget. I think they'll just investigate to what caused the issues to occur and then ensure these problems do not occur in future campaigns.

I highly doubt they'll scrap the online IST. It would provide bad reputation to the PSNI. Making the test be recompleted in person or progressing everyone would take too much time and would be too costly for the PSNI, who are already operating on a tight budget. I think they'll just investigate to what caused the issues to occur and then ensure these problems do not occur in future campaigns.

Let's stress that it is Deloitte that has ballsed up. Not the police. Police have nothing to do with the stage apart from giving Deloitte specification as laid out in the Police (Recruitment) (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2001. So no the PSNI will not be given a bad rep if things go tits up.

Yes Deloitte are doing their best to fix It partly because the price for their tender will lower as a result of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Let's stress that it is Deloitte that has ballsed up. Not the police. Police have nothing to do with the stage apart from giving Deloitte specification as laid out in the Police (Recruitment) (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2001. So no the PSNI will not be given a bad rep if things go tits up.

Yes Deloitte are doing their best to fix It partly because the price for their tender will lower as a result of this.
    Yes true, however its the PSNI's recruitment campaign and irrespective of who is running the campaign on behalf of them, they would still face backlash from the likes of the media and angered applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Hopefully all is well next week and everyone gets their IST submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Has anyone got any updates via email for the ist's?

Guys I done the IST and once I completed it before I could click finish the webpage closed down. I emailed last Tuesday to ask for confirmation that the test saved no reply. I know others that got confirmation emails for the test on Friday, I did not recieve this. I'm not sure what to do from here, email again and ask if it saved or wait for a new link to do it again?

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Guys I done the IST and once I completed it before I could click finish the webpage closed down. I emailed last Tuesday to ask for confirmation that the test saved no reply. I know others that got confirmation emails for the test on Friday, I did not recieve this. I'm not sure what to do from here, email again and ask if it saved or wait for a new link to do it again?

I would email again just to be on the safe side

Cbm27 wrote: »

I would email again just to be on the safe side

Yes I am going to email them now. I emailed last week no reply, then when i didn't recieve conformation of test being saved on Friday I think I'm going to have to do the test again which is a bit annoying, but I'll do what it takes to get in. Everyone said it wouldn't be easy, and is a long drawn out process... I guess this is the start of it haha!

• Advertisement

Definitely email again and make sure to include relevant information and your full name and UID.

Advertisement