Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to transition from Ops the Security

Options
  • 28-11-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

I work in Operations in a small company in Dublin (50 staff) and i want to move into security. I was studying for the Security+ and realised how much I like infosec! :) I was wondering what the best route of entry from Systems Administration to IT security would be, what are the entry roles and what are they like? :)

Thanks for the help guys!

Adam

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm not in Infosec, but as a past SysAdmin, the best advice I can offer is to ensure your systems are patched and secure. Even "ask for permission" to do a bit of snooping around when load times are low to find any potential security issues that you can fix.

Advertisement