Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applied for my driving test 3 months ago and no test date as of yet

Options
  • 22-11-2016 11:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Is this normal?

Have you contacted them about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Moved from Motors, the OP may getting more useful responses here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I would say it is normal. The waiting lists for the centres varies. There was an 18 week waiting list for my one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

you will hear soon . they up to 18 weeks behind

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I applied in early August and still have heard nothing. Been on the cancellation list a few weeks too and have been ringing too with no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I applied in early August and still have heard nothing. Been on the cancellation list a few weeks too and have been ringing too with no luck.

Same as that. I heard yesterday - today would have been 16 weeks. When I applied it was between 10-11 weeks average (according to their website). Rang them up last week and was told it was looking at 20 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You could apply for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

I waited 4 months for a test in October, and I was on the cancellation list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

we applied back in August - got a date for December

I've been on the cancellation list for a few weeks but nothing so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Check that all your 12 EDT lessons have been uploaded by your instructor, assuming you had to do them. They won't give you a test date if they haven't, and they won't alert you to the fact either. Go to RSA.ie and click on My EDT

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

greyc wrote: »
    Check that all your 12 EDT lessons have been uploaded by your instructor, assuming you had to do them. They won't give you a test date if they haven't, and they won't alert you to the fact either. Go to RSA.ie and click on My EDT

So does the roughly 3 month wait for a test date start from the point you upload your 12th EDT lesson?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

sbs2010 wrote: »
    So does the roughly 3 month wait for a test date start from the point you upload your 12th EDT lesson?

Not necessarily. Often, if you applied before completing EDT the waiting period will be reduced upon uploading of the last lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I'd email them, they're generally really helpful people to be fair to them.

I was on a cancellation list for about a month and was ringing every day (sometimes twice) with no luck. I had applied in August I think when the wait was around 10 weeks. I emailed explaining my situation and that I would be away after a certain date so if possible I needed a date before then. I gave a lot of notice but I ended up with a date for a few weeks past the time I could do it :( My test date still hasn't come around yet :pac: I think it's 23 weeks from applying to the actual test date, even with the cancellation list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Some of the estimated wait times are amazing, I applied on 6th December for Monaghan and they gave me an estimated wait time of 22 weeks :eek: Early May 2017 they reckoned. I got put on cancellation list and a month later I've heard nothing. Gonna start ringing next week and annoy the heads off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Jasus when I applied for my test in 2008 it was only 6 weeks! I'd just keep hounding the b@stards till I got a test date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Booked mine in January 2016. Was on cancellation list and was told waiting list in my local centre was 16 weeks at the time. I was under pressure to get it done before April because I was insured on a family members vehicle and the policy was running out early April (to save putting me on the policy for another 12 months).

Rang the RSA first week in March asked was there any cancellations available because I told them I was starting a new job in early April and I needed a car to travel. Was told nothing available. Next morning I had an email for a test date 30th of March ;)

Tl;dr Ring and make up some Excuse saying you need it before X date and see if that works

I rang every single day for over a month and emailed about my situation and wasn't successful unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

When I was applying for the full license I mentioned the wait times to the woman at the counter. She said a lot of staff are retiring and there is no one to replace them, so the wait times have extended. 3 people from the county left and now there is only one who can do trailers and HGV's across the county and another has to do all of the motorbikes. Could be the same with the rest of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

What happened to the facility to be able to schedule your own date similar to the theory test ?

When I did mine a few years ago this was available and it was so convenient I don't understand why they stopped providing this service

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

aaabbbb wrote: »
    What happened to the facility to be able to schedule your own date similar to the theory test ?

When I did mine a few years ago this was available and it was so convenient I don't understand why they stopped providing this service

That all depends on available slots.

In August when I booked my first test, i found a slot in October.

But after failing that, once I got the e-mail, I went and applied again on the cancellation list as There had been no open slots I could see to book.

I've another test coming up in February. Got a booking for that last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Booked my test in November, hadn't heard of a date yet. Rang RSA there, was on hold for 12 minutes but had a test within 90 seconds for 2 weeks away in Churchtown. Not sure if I was just lucky or not.

Advertisement