Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POCO Jeans

• 18-11-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

POCO jeans anyone got any feedback on them? are they worth the hype? im tempted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yeah I got the off duty and love them, they're a great fit, very good quality jean. They aren't as baggy as on the model used in the promotional stuff but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Going to try the Saturday nights next and have emailed my husband a link to the leather look as a "subtle" hint for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Am tempted too but am holding off on buying until the shorter leg lengths are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭thesultan

Where are these available online?

thesultan wrote: »
    Where are these available online?

www.pocobypippa.com

Digs wrote: »
    Not working

• Advertisement

thesultan wrote: »
    Not working

Manually type it in

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Definitely tempted by the leather look..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'd love to hear from people when they've had them a while, how well they wash/ fade/do they keep their fit etc.

I know that'll be a while but honest reviews would be greatly appreciated ;)

I'll let you know how I get on after a few washes.

Pippa put up that they'd got a delivery of the leather look this morning so I resent my hint to the other half and luckily he got them because the 10s sold out again pretty quickly. It's madness! He won't let me have them until Christmas though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does anyone know if they will be stocked in actual stores? I'm funny with jeans and in between sizes so would prefer to try on before considering buying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

rougegal wrote: »
    Am tempted too but am holding off on buying until the shorter leg lengths are available.

I thought I read that they were quite a short leg, 29'? I could have sworn that's what I read, cos there were a lot of complaints from taller ladies.

I'd love the off duty ones, I just can't justify the price at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they will be stocked in actual stores? I'm funny with jeans and in between sizes so would prefer to try on before considering buying.

Apparently not. She did say on her Facebook page she would have them available to try on at her fashion factory events & allow non ticket holders to go earlier to try on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Would love the leather look but I've a 32" leg length so hopefully she'll bring out a tall range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

What's so special about them? (I like Pippa so I don't mean that in a negative way)

Scraggs wrote: »
    What's so special about them? (I like Pippa so I don't mean that in a negative way)

For me I'm not mad about most of them but I like the leather ones because I struggle with actual leather pants, as in I find them so uncomfortable and hard to wear. The leather look are like a coated jean so have all the benefits of jeans but a leather look finish. Wouldn't be mad about the rest of the line.

I just checked her website & they seem to be out of stock in a load of them (size 10 that is!). And all the jeans are a 29' leg, so quite short, but I did hear her say on tv that they are meant to come up a bit shorter to the ankle etc. But seeing as I usually buy that length in jeans they would be perfect for me! I just need to save up now!

Seems a lot of talk (Ireland am fashion segments, today show etc...) On that woman should all have leather pants leggings now, would they make a good present?

Have just seen that they're €90! I'll stick to my reliable Topshop jeans thanks.

anna080 wrote: »
    Have just seen that they're €90! I'll stick to my reliable Topshop jeans thanks.

The blue skinny jeans are €110!! Yikes!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The blue skinny jeans are €110!! Yikes!

That is a crazy price for a brand that is just starting out and nobody knows how they will wash or wear over time. For that price you could get an established designer pair or two pairs of Topshop/River Island jeans which are both amazing. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

I have to agree I find it very hard to justify the prices for these. Seems a lot to spend considering you might need to return and then wait for the refund! Jeans can be impossible to buy but so far the feedback seems positive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrs Happy

I bought a pair of true religion jeans in Arnotts sale yesterday for 108. I just don't see myself spending 110 on any jeans unless I can see them and try them in store.

How I their return policy I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Mrs Happy wrote: »
    I bought a pair of true religion jeans in Arnotts sale yesterday for 108. I just don't see myself spending 110 on any jeans unless I can see them and try them in store.

How I their return policy I wonder?

I would think return policy is fine. Considering it's an irish brand even if the returns are not free the shipping won't be too high.

I can understand why price point is so high. If she actually worked on the design herself and not rebranded something from ali express then her manufacturing cost is way higher than for someone who operates in larger quantities. Price has often very little to do with how well known the brand is.

That being said, I don't really buy jeans or trousers in general online. I could try ten pairs before I find something acceptable. Also leather look jeans is a bit three seasons ago and there is very little variation. In general the stuff seems very inoffensive and safe. A bit like her whole brand. It is not something I would be tempted to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Any update on how they wear and wash etc? Holding off till i hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Has anyone small in height here (5' - 5' 3") bought the jeans and if so is the leg length ok or too long?

They seem to be crazy in demand. Have to say she seems really lovely in dealing with people's disappointment over them being sold out so quickly. Saw her snapchats and she was saying that she has learned a lot from the process. She seems very hands on with them and has her whole family in there taking orders and sending them out. Fair play to her. <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

I tried on a pair of slimmers this eve before friend returned them and I didn't feel the quality was in line with the price point, in my opinion they're no better in quality than the high street. I prefer my topshop Joni jeans and half the price, I recently bought a pair of high waisted salsa jeans and wouldn't put these in the same bracket.

Overall lovely jeans but I couldn't justify the price for the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Tempted by the off duties.. I'm between a size 10 and 12 should I go with 10 like pippa mentioned before?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Gal44 wrote: »
    Tempted by the off duties.. I'm between a size 10 and 12 should I go with 10 like pippa mentioned before?

I'm not sure on my size at the mo(newborn) but i know I'm not back at my pre baby 12 yet and I tried on the 12's - they were snug so def go for the lower size, the slimmers were stretchy enough to beat myself into :D the off duty is the loosest so be a better fit in the smaller size in my opinion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I bought the slimmers and the off duty. Will be returning the slimmers. Waited for the shorter leg, which were a better length for me. However, they are very similar to the river island mollys. Also the lining in them wasn't up to scratch in my opinion, a good few frays. There was lots of little white marks on the fabric also.

Keeping the off duties. Very comfortable. Not as baggy though as I thought. I think the models are just super tiny so they look baggy and a bit oversized on them. So they look like normal fitted jeans on me rather than baggy, but they are comfy.

Advertisement