Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road map to Penetration Testing Training with Kali Linux and OSCP

Options
  • 17-11-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

So , now that h have a bit more job security , I want to do the Penetration Testing Training with Kali Linux and then OSCP.

I have one or two questions.

How long do have to do Penetration Testing Training with Kali, it says self-paced ,but is there a time limit ? Also, the 24 hours exam it that over a number of days or just one day ?

I was planning to give myself a year, but after reading the other thread , I think maybe two years would be better, as I am only starting to getting into infosec , maybe 6-9 months doing CTFs, and some bug bounties ( Bugcrowd) to get my skill up to scratch , then another 6 or so to do Penetration Testing Training with Kali Linux and then attempt the OSCP ? What do you think is this a good road map ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

mach1982 wrote: »
    So , now that h have a bit more job security , I want to do the Penetration Testing Training with Kali Linux and then OSCP.

I have one or two questions.

How long do have to do Penetration Testing Training with Kali, it says self-paced ,but is there a time limit ? Also, the 24 hours exam it that over a number of days or just one day ?

I was planning to give myself a year, but after reading the other thread , I think maybe two years would be better, as I am only starting to getting into infosec , maybe 6-9 months doing CTFs, and some bug bounties ( Bugcrowd) to get my skill up to scratch , then another 6 or so to do Penetration Testing Training with Kali Linux and then attempt the OSCP ? What do you think is this a good road map ?

No time limit, 3 months is the longest you can get labs for (can extend monthly thereafter for a price) but can schedule the exam for whenever. The 24 hours is concurrent and then 24 hours after that to submit report. So 48 in total.

Really hard to say for anyone to know your abilities. I would say concentrate more on learning and absorbing info rather than worrying about passing the exam and see how it goes!

Advertisement