Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists in Drogheda & Medical Cards

Options
  • 14-11-2016 7:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads and lasses.

Long story short, a trip to the dentist today yielded the news I apparently need 4 stupid fillings, which annoys me no end. They gave me a price estimate of €420ish for the 4, which is a bit too much this time of the year.

I have a medical card but the dentist I've used for a while doesn't take them. Up till now, I just took the hit because I liked/trusted them, but given the size of the bill, I have to look into using the card now. I read online it covers 2 fillings a year, so figure I may as well get use out of it.

Does anyone have recommendations for a dentist in town who takes medical cards and who they trust/have good feedback on? I've had issues with cowboys before (one dentist in town who worked on my brother gave him fillings with a nasty habit of falling out :rolleyes:). Would appreciate the advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I use Begley dental on Anne St. They definitely take Medical cards. If you don't mind going North, I thoroughly recommend McCartan and McLornan in Bessbrook.

Get two done here on the MC and pay for the other two up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

i use Michael Corcoran at the bottom of Laurence Street, Drogheda, ive never had any problems with him, 041 9838556,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Balbriggan Dental Care are not in Drogheda, but are very good. If you are using the MC, you can get 2 done this side of Christmas, then get the other 2 done in January.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mod9maple wrote: »
    I use Begley dental on Anne St. They definitely take Medical cards. If you don't mind going North, I thoroughly recommend McCartan and McLornan in Bessbrook.

Get two done here on the MC and pay for the other two up North.

Dundalk's a bit of a trip for someone with limited car access, as is the North, but thanks for the recommendations :)
    i use Michael Corcoran at the bottom of Laurence Street, Drogheda, ive never had any problems with him, 041 9838556,

Will check him out, thanks :)
    delly wrote: »
    Balbriggan Dental Care are not in Drogheda, but are very good. If you are using the MC, you can get 2 done this side of Christmas, then get the other 2 done in January.

Is that the Smiles crowd? Or another crowd? Smiles seems to come up quick on Google when searching, and someone else recommended them too. But one or two other places come up as well when I google "Balbriggan Dental Care".

Advertisement