Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm phone line

Options
  • 12-11-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

I have just disconnect my landline today and want to disable the phone line link to my HKC alarm (yes I know I won't get warnings/calls, but don't want phone link anymore).

I turned off the power, opened the panel box beside the HKC alarm and unwired the phone cable. I closed the lid and turned on the mains electricity again. But now I have a "line fault" and "alarm events tamper lid" warning on the HKC screen.

Would someone be able to show me how to solve these two issues?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

think i have sorted the tamper warning as removed lid again and put back on- the spring mustn't have been in the right position...

But would like to deal with the line fault as there is still a yellow light on the HKC panel and it reads "line fault" when I set and unset the alarm.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the engineer code for the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

yes indeed- I have been in looking at the menus but just can't work out what needs to be adjusted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its in the Modem/Serial Port Menus.
    Delete all numbers and account numbers & turn off line monitor.

Advertisement