Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rodent repellent

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the correct place here to ask this question, I've discovered I have mice in the cab of my van, I'm lead to believe they can do a lot of damage to wiring etc, do any of you know anywhere in Ireland I can purchase an electronic rodent repellent here in Ireland, I've tried Halford and the likes, Google just keeps showing me items in the USA

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pea be

I've only ever seen the rodent deterrents as 240v ... Most hardware shops have them. They emit a sound at a frequency we don't hear... Only rodents and children hear it!! You could leave it on an extension lead, with the van doors open.
    Or set traps along the edges (where mice more likely to run), and feed then some nice warm chocolate our hub bobs to get them to the traps

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pea be

.... Should say "hob nobs"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Just wondering if you found a repeller/electric or otherwise that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Yes I got one on amazon for 27 euro it is battery operated and I stuck it to the bulkhead no sign of anymore mice so far also I was told to spray wd40 around and on the tyres at night I'm doing that and I sprayed around two cans between the ribs and panels in the back, I hope this is of some use to you

Rgds
    Davy
    youngblood wrote: »
    Just wondering if you found a repeller/electric or otherwise that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't spray wd40 on your tyres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭blackbox

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don't spray wd40 on your tyres!

...or brakes!

Advertisement