Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Baileys auto point Tallaght?

Options
  • 06-11-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has bought or had any good/bad experiences from Bailey's Autopoint in Tallaght area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frand96

Just wondering if anyone here has bought or had any good/bad experiences from Bailey's Autopoint in Tallaght area.

Thanks in advance

My cousin, her fiance an uncle of mine and my dad have all bought there cars here and have had nothing but good things to say about them, all of them actually went with kias so i assume they have a large selection of them. They offer a 3 months grace if anything goes wrong in that time and there cars seem to be in really good nick for used ones. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Frand96 wrote: »
    My cousin, her fiance an uncle of mine and my dad have all bought there cars here and have had nothing but good things to say about them, all of them actually went with kias so i assume they have a large selection of them. They offer a 3 months grace if anything goes wrong in that time and there cars seem to be in really good nick for used ones. Hope this helps

So good of you to join up and let us all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

3 months isn't anything special for a grace period.

Most likely only covers engine and gearbox.

Kia have 7 year warranty.

All I will say is no matter what you are getting or want have it checked over before parting cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Frand96 wrote: »

But you forgot to mention what time you open.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What a cynical bunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What a cynical bunch!

I've simply no idea what you're talking about Colm!

What a cynical bunch!

Says you. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody else bought from these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

I havn't dealt directly with this company, so not sure how useful this info is. We have a car here that was supplied by Bailey's at some stage (it has their number plates), don't know when. Car is 2000 reg, we got it locally 5 years ago with 72k miles on it and full history (Irish car from new). Car has been spot-on, and has given no issue in 5 years other than routine maintenance (timing belt, suspension bushings, clutch - learner drivers !).

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Possibly going to look at a car here next week, has anyone anything to add?

OP, how did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

site_owner wrote: »
    Possibly going to look at a car here next week, has anyone anything to add?

OP, how did you get on?

How did you get on with this crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chloella

I bought my car here in December the lads are simply amazing Pat was my hero walked me through the whole range of cars in stock and helped me with specs and everything else i could not give them enough praise no Fagans genuine lads and top quality cars

Chloella wrote: »
    I bought my car here in December the lads are simply amazing Pat was my hero walked me through the whole range of cars in stock and helped me with specs and everything else i could not give them enough praise no Fagans genuine lads and top quality cars

Put up a pic of your car...

You just registered to say this?

Put up a pic of your car...

You just registered to say this?

I registered when i saw a question of course i will with the special trolley token keyring which says baileys on it first thing in the morning you can recheck i had a great time dealing with them and cant say enough nice things about them any other proof you need or will the above suffice ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I bought my car here in December the lads are simply amazing...

You're there right now??...Did you move in or just get a job there?!

You're there right now??...Did you move in or just get a job there?!

No i work in insurance actually and live in clondalkin different post codes unfortunately can someone not just reply and say they had a pleasant experience im a 22 year old girl know nothing about cars so Pat really helped me in choosing my i20 i upgraded from a Getz dont see what the problem is ??

Ex rental i20 I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Funny thread. Can anyone active on boards and doesn't have a job in Bailey's help the OP? Gas stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I registered when i saw a question of course i will with the special trolley token keyring which says baileys on it first thing in the morning you can recheck i had a great time dealing with them and cant say enough nice things about them any other proof you need or will the above suffice ??

The company I work for has those trolley keyrings too, great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think I've a bottle of Baileys somewhere.

• Advertisement

I would rather someone came on straight up said look I work here or are the owner get registered with boards and verified then it would be more believable.

I think I've a bottle of Baileys somewhere.

Never liked it to be honest suppose its an acquired taste....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

It's funny cause it's that kind of stuff, seeing someone registering here to leave a positive review that would make me avoid a place. I know a lot of people lurk on boards but I find it hard to believe this was the thread that would make two people to come out of the dark lurky shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All these new users with glowing recommendations still haven't told us their opening hours. Need to work harder at the plugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BraveInca

I was there a few weeks ago. Looked at a car with no plates, but it had UK plates in the boot.
    They guy showed me "full service history" and MOT which looked comprehensive and impressive until I noticed it was a different reg to the plates in the boot. He spun a yarn about vanity plates, or maybe the plates in the boot were thrown in from another car.
    I liked the car and almost wanted to believe him but then remembered to look at the VIN and it was different as well. Different car. So I walked away.
    The car also clearly needed a service and there was oil in the engine bay but they would "service it and sort the VRT and NCT and everything" but only after the car was bought.
    So that's my experience. And no I don't work there :)

BraveInca wrote: »
    I was there a few weeks ago. Looked at a car with no plates, but it had UK plates in the boot.
    They guy showed me "full service history" and MOT which looked comprehensive and impressive until I noticed it was a different reg to the plates in the boot. He spun a yarn about vanity plates, or maybe the plates in the boot were thrown in from another car.
    I liked the car and almost wanted to believe him but then remembered to look at the VIN and it was different as well. Different car. So I walked away.
    The car also clearly needed a service and there was oil in the engine bay but they would "service it and sort the VRT and NCT and everything" but only after the car was bought.
    So that's my experience. And no I don't work there :)

If you did what you say would worry me as that's no way to run a reputable business.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Rang about a car here recently and the manner of the guy on the phone put me off big time. Told me the car I was enquiring about was fresh into stock when I knew it had been advertised for months. Dodge central.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's stop here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement