Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 3 | The Cell [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Warning at the start said "Violence and horror from the outset", and then Tony Danza's face appears. I was not prepared for that much horror.

Looks like VHS players and cassettes survived the apocalypse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why wouldn't they?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why wouldn't they?
    Because it's 2014 by now...
    ...oh wait :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Myself and himself ended up on kinks of laughter when 'crying' was playing cause when it got to the first 'Crying' we both went cwying (a la Only Fools and Horses) :)
    Then we couldn't figure if Daryl was crying or laughing and reckoned it reminded him of that episode too !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What's going on with the walkers / jumpsuit guys in the yard. They don't seem to be fighting them or feeding them. Just kind of baiting them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

pc7 wrote: »
    Myself and himself ended up on kinks of laughter when 'crying' was playing cause when it got to the first 'Crying' we both went cwying (a la Only Fools and Horses) :)
    Then we couldn't figure if Daryl was crying or laughing and reckoned it reminded him of that episode too !

same here hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Walking Dead sitcom theme song:

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

MarkR wrote: »
    What's going on with the walkers / jumpsuit guys in the yard. They don't seem to be fighting them or feeding them. Just kind of baiting them?

Wondering this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'd imagine they act as kind of a moat around the Sanctuary, a barrier to help protect against enemy attacks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm just glad that I didn't have to look at Rick staring off into the distance with his one eyed kid in that stupid hat in the background, staring at him with his mount open.

At some point characters that remain innocent or stagnant for too long become unrealistic and irritating IMO. Like the blonde woman and the heavy lawyer in Daredevil still being devastated when lied to.

I don't read the comics I hear this differs. I can't help wondering if they are setting it up for Rick to be killed. The last person to annoy me as much as he is now was his wife, he's turning into her. I'm not sure there's much room left for Rick's character to develop. I get the feeling we've seen it all now and it will be just rehashed tired material from him now.

They do seem to exhaust some characters before killing them off, Rick's wife, the big guy from The Wire, the big ginger guy from Band of Brothers. I'm terrible with names.
    Rick's next I think. Certainly the show could survive him. Female hero this season possibly, the grey haired auld won who isn't really that old and had a redneck husband?

Thought it was a good one this week I found myself getting mad with Negan and wondering if he'd have his nose bitten off by someone, he does get in people's face space a lot. I can't figure Dwight out, that's refreshing and the bits with his sandwich making and shooting his buddy were good .It needs new characters.

I much preferred it to the surreal kingdom last week. I would have liked to have seen some indication that the rashers were having an impact, they've obviously been eating them for a while now, you'd imagine the top guys would be hit hardest and non pork eating religious types along with low ranking dog food eating characters would see the least impact, or did I miss a sign ?

Question where's Rick's daughter?

Why don't people use spikes more? I'd have one strapped to my left forearm 24/7 like that blue guy from he-man with the different arm attachments , it would be the right job easy to make, in and out quick jab no snagging, less infected blood splashing everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Stoner wrote: »

Question where's Rick's daughter?

Back in Alexandria

Father Gabriel was to look after her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Stoner wrote: »
    I would have liked to have seen some indication that the rashers were having an impact, they've obviously been eating them for a while now, you'd imagine the top guys would be hit hardest and non pork eating religious types along with low ranking dog food eating characters would see the least impact, or did I miss a sign ?

I thought that's where the 'sandwich' scene was going...that he was going to pop a nice, juicy rasher on top of that egg and we'd get to watch him munching away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

MarkR wrote: »

I thought it might be zombies who are kept and were previously part of his group but betrayed him in some way so are there as a warning to the rest of the group? Maybe people within the group are sent there as punishment at times?

Anyway really enjoyed this episode.

Also not done intentionally but the second zombie, the blonde one, that Dwight came across when all the zombies were lying on the ground was very like zombie Hannah from the webisodes or bicycle girl that Rick shoots at the end of the very first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Liamalone wrote: »
    Two days now and that song is still rattling around my head, must watch the episode again to remember what happened apart from hearing that choon :)

Noticed today that it's number 1 on spotify's viral playlist. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Noticed today that it's number 1 on spotify's viral playlist. :P

I'm using this as my alarm the last couple of days....no obvious side-effects yet, although I'll have to change it if I start eating dog food and trying to escape from my own house

Advertisement