Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp repair in Cork

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys !

I'm new to town and had to ship my amp to myself from France, but it unfortunately did not go too well...

It is a Denon PMA-501 (first released in 1977)

Now I need a repair as the amp is slowly dying (sound randomly stops etc.)

I read a bit the forum but most of the threads are too old, and the shops and repair centers all closed one after the other !

So, does anyone know a good place to have such an amp repaired properly ?

Thanks !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The only one I know of is The AV Service Center on Fr Matthew Quay. Haven't dealt with them in years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've used these guys before - pretty good to deal with.

http://avservice.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Drotciv

I did as well regarding broken speakers (I had to send them to myself too, DPD is a really good company) and it was pretty efficient, even if there were some delays up to three weeks.

I think I will ask them to deal with it eventually if they can but I wanted to know if there were any other options I would not have heard about before making a move !

Advertisement