Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2016/2017

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ChrisRyan

Received an offer for EY Assurance. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sohini

ChrisRyan wrote: »
    Received an offer for EY Assurance. Delighted!

When did you receive the call from EY? I had my interview on Friday but still waiting for the outcome . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I think most offers are out by now.
    If you don't get any offers is there a chance that a firm might offer you a position after many people have accepted their offers and they're still looking for people?

Is it only a week to accept deloittes contract/?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sohini

yournerd wrote: »
    Is it only a week to accept deloitte's contract/?

Yes they give a week or 5 working days from the day they mail you the contract, for accepting the offer. I am not sure if it is same for all, but it was just a week in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nqueen

Has anyone heard from Deloitte for consultancy? I submitted an application received acknowledgment but nothing since

sohini wrote: »
    Yes they give a week or 5 working days from the day they mail you the contract, for accepting the offer. I am not sure if it is same for all, but it was just a week in my case.

That's hardly legal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nevron

Hi has anyone got rejections from Ey or deloitte. I did intereviews on 4th Nov and have heard nothing since?

Does anyone know which is better Deloitte or KPMG? really struggling to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

If your going into audit consider this https://www.top1000.ie/auditors.

Otherwise look at Glassdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

Nqueen wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Deloitte for consultancy? I submitted an application received acknowledgment but nothing since

I have the same question

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nevron

Hi I applied to audit. Did an interview on 4th and heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nqueen

Nevron wrote: »
    Hi I applied to audit. Did an interview on 4th and heard nothing since.

Ya I've heard people getting interviews etc for audit and tax etc but haven't heard anything in relation to consultancy

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

Ya I've heard people getting interviews etc for audit and tax etc but haven't heard anything in relation to consultancy

Any updates on this?:(

have to accept deloitte by tomorrow and they have given no salary, anyone else in this position?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

It's usually around 18

It's usually around 18

so little :(

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

It's more than 18. I started in a top 10 firm 2 years ago and started on 23 and the salaries have gone up since then.

You won't get confirmation of salary until next year when the firms have a better idea of the going rate. They aren't going to guarantee a salary now when the market salary could be lower.

Just accept it you can always pull out

Humour Me wrote: »
    It's more than 18. I started in a top 10 firm 2 years ago and started on 23 and the salaries have gone up since then.

You won't get confirmation of salary until next year when the firms have a better idea of the going rate. They aren't going to guarantee a salary now when the market salary could be lower.

I know but to even get an indication would be ideal

• Advertisement

Just accept it you can always pull out

what happens when you accept 2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

yournerd wrote: »
    what happens when you accept 2 or 3?

Don't be greedy go for one the best one for you. Once you are in you are in you have the job guaranteed for the duration of the contract so long as you don't fail.
    People talk, and you accepting 2 or 3 and then leaving 1 or 2 companies out at the last minute might not look good even if they don't go for breach of contract and the like. I doubt they will do anything but it wouldn't look good because again people talk and that's going to be the subject of talk
    ;);)

Which did you accept pal?
    A job in the hand is worth better than being on the dole in July. Don't accept two or three, let someone else get a spot

Advertisement