Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City - what to see

Options
  • 18-10-2016 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello,

It is just a couple of months I live in Cork.
    Actually, I am in Cork city, in the city centre near St Patrick's St.

I have always been told that Ireland is the land with beautiful landscapes, but to be honest I cannot find any landscape in Cork city. It is just a city and there are not beautiful landscapes.
    Where should I go?
    I have been told I should visit Kinsale, Glenbower Wood, Killeagh village, should I?

Thank you,
    loveireland94

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Kinsale is gorgeous, one of my favourite places, definitely go and visit there.

A lot of west Cork has very beautiful scenery, it's very rugged and rural. Try places like Baltimore, Castletownbere, Clonakilty. If you go towards the north-east of the county you encounter rolling hills and some mountains in the distance while the south-east of the county is green pastures which are fantastic farming land [so I am told]. There is so much to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hello,
    I have always been told that Ireland is the land with beautiful landscapes, but to be honest I cannot find any landscape in Cork city. It is just a city and there are not beautiful landscapes.

Not to be smart but who expects landscapes in a city? You have to go rural to see a landscape. As mentioned west cork has lovely coastal, rugged views. If you go east you can lovely mountain views. Heading towards Dungarvan there is a wonderful view over a flat landscape bordered by mountains and you could continue on to Mahon Falls for more inland mountain views.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmcato

Yes, the Scilly walk in Kinsale is good. Glenbower Wood is really nice.

Cobh is nearby and is beautiful though small. Also check Knockomagh wood trail, overlooking Lough Hyne.

Going out of Cork you can check Killarney national park in Kerry, which is massive.

If you are interested in hiking, I heard these are nice lads:
    http://www.corkbackpackers.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Have you a car?

It can be difficult to get to the more remote parts of Cork without a car, public transport is patchy.

Baltimore, Skibbereen, Castletownbere, Allihies is where you need to get to for the stunning landscape.

Try to get to the Baltimore Beacon.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Beacon

Kinsale walk is good too, but again, tricky to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 loveireland94

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely answers.

I was wondering about how to get to the cliffs of Moher, Marina Road, Aran Islands .....I think these ones places are wonderful.
    How can I get there from Cork city?

Thank you,
    loveireland94

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Surely you can Google that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmcato

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely answers.

I was wondering about how to get to the cliffs of Moher, Marina Road, Aran Islands .....I think these ones places are wonderful.
    How can I get there from Cork city?

Thank you,
    loveireland94

I presume you have no car. I read these lads offer a tour to Cliffs of Moher: http://www.paddywagontours.com/

Advertisement