Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any quiet place to relax and drimk in Cork City

Options
  • 15-10-2016 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any quiet place to relax and drink in Cork City.
    I am not talking about pubs at night. I am talking about some bars or cafes to relax and spend some time quietly in the morning for example if I want to go and have breakfast and relax reading or listening to some soft music.

Thank you,
    loveireland94

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

When you say drink you're talking about tea/coffee so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 loveireland94

Hello mordeith,

Thank you for replying to my post.
    Yes, I am talking about tea or coffee or just any drink.
    I would like to just know some quiet places in Cork City. I have been in some places but they get very busy already in the morning and they open late, at 9 AM.

Thank you,
    loveireland94

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cafe Italee on Oliver Plunkett street opens at eight and would be quiet enough in the mornings.
    http://www.italee.ie

Hello mordeith,

Actually I know "Italee" but I was looking for some other places.

Thank you,
    loveireland94

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

The idle hour ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Velo opens early and is big enough you'd find a quiet spot to sit. It's across the river from the college of commerce.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

Book shelf by imperial Hotel

Hello scuby,

Thank you for replying to my post.
    I think that The Bookshelf Coffee House is great for the type of place I am searching for.
    Actually, I found out another place called Cork Coffee Roasters located in Bridge St.
    Does anyone know that place?

Tomorrow I will have my breakfast in both the places to see which suites me the most and then will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    loveireland94

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

I would also recommend Velo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

p

Tomorrow I will have my breakfast in both the places

Ah, I see we have a hobbit here!

Cork Coffee Roasters is nice but very small.

Check out alchemy cafes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yeah, Roasters (also one off Paul St) is so small I'd feel a little uncomfortable spending a while relaxing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Langford Road could be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Tomorrow I will have my breakfast in both the places to see which suites me the most

Don't forget elevenses!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

How early? Tara's tea room on McCurtain street is lovely but opens at 9. Cork Coffee Roasters is friendly and has great coffee but is a little small. Great place for people watching if you sit at the window, and should not be busy in the early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

Upstairs in Starbucks Opera Lane is usually very quiet in the mornings. Nice place to relax with a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hello scuby,

Actually, I found out another place called Cork Coffee Roasters located in Bridge St.
    Does anyone know that place?

hardly quiet. I've given up going in there trying to look for a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

+ for tara's tea room on McCurtain street. De calf which is situated by TK Maxx shopping centre isnt bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bleakforest

Imperial Hotel itself, get a pot of tea in the bar great spot even better upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

For a good beer i find the abbot's ale house a great place to go as its never to busy and its nice and small and relaxing kind of like having a beer in your living room.

Then for coffee i do enjoy going to Costa in Merchants Quay for a coffee never to busy and nice and quite as well to enjoy a coffee and take out the laptop and do some work.

Advertisement