Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pubs recommendations in Cork City

Options
  • 15-10-2016 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello,

It is just a couple of months I settled down in Cork City and would like to get some recommendations for some good pubs.
    I had a look around and noticed that the "Franciscan Well Brew" pub located in N Mall is great. They serve also meals and pizza.
    Anyway, I would like to know the prices since on their own websites, prices are not listed.

Do you know any other good pubs?

Thank you, in advance
    loveireland94

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What kind of thing are you looking for?

Quiet pub, buzzing music pub, young people, older crowd? Super hip, or more like a local?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 loveireland94

Hello pwurple,

Thank you for replying to my post.
    Actually, I am looking for a place closer to a local, where to drink and listen to soft music. Is there any place where you can listen to piano music in background and have a drink in a quiet atmosphere?

Thank you,
    loveireland94

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Piano music sounds more like a hotel bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've not a massive drinker, but I can't think of anywhere that is like a piano jazz bar, except maybe Souths in the imperial, or over in the clarion.

Every place will be quiet in the early afternoon I'd say. Maybe mutton lane inn or the sextant. Evening then both of those would be busy.

If you wander out of the very city center you'll get to a few more 'local's' places, out bsihopstown direction, or towards turners cross or ballinlough.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Timbo1987

Try The oval, Callnans and Dennehys.
    Thank me later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

La Chateau, Patrick St.

Advertisement