Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

car insurance

Options
  • 14-10-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Do you increase the cost of premiums if a claim has been made against someone elses policy who has been proved to be at fault?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Do you increase the cost of premiums if a claim has been made against someone elses policy who has been proved to be at fault?
    Hi Horsebox7
    If a fault claim has been made against your policy within the previous three years we would include this in the calculation of your premiums. Hope this helps. 
    Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Hi Horsebox7
    If a fault claim has been made against your policy within the previous three years we would include this in the calculation of your premiums. Hope this helps. 
    Regards 
    Seán
    To clarify. If I make a claim against another persons policy who is proved to be at fault will my premium increase because I have claimed from another persons policy? 

Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    To clarify. If I make a claim against another persons policy who is proved to be at fault will my premium increase because I have claimed from another persons policy? 
    Hi Horsebox7
    You would have to inform us of any open or finalised claim regardless of blame in the last three years. If you were deemed not to be at fault and the other driver’s insurers paid out on the claim we would not charge you in this instance. However other insurers may vary on this.

Seán

Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    Hi Horsebox7
    You would have to inform us of any open or finalised claim regardless of blame in the last three years. If you were deemed not to be at fault and the other driver’s insurers paid out on the claim we would not charge you in this instance. However other insurers may vary on this.

Seán
    Thanks. Is it legal for companies to increase a persons premium if they make a claim against someone elses policy who is at fault?

Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    Hi Horsebox7

Seán
    Thanks. Is it legal for companies to increase a persons premium if they make a claim against someone elses policy who is at fault?
    Hi Horsebox7
    Insurers do take into account a number of factors when calculating premiums this would normally include a drivers a claims history. You would have to confirm this with your insurers.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Advertisement

Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    Hi Horsebox7

Seán
    Hi Horsebox7
    Insurers do take into account a number of factors when calculating premiums this would normally include a drivers a claims history. You would have to confirm this with your insurers.
    Regards 
    Seán
    Thanks

Could you please tell me what organisation performs the role of ombudsman for the insurance industry?

Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    Hi Horsebox7

Seán
    Hi Horsebox7
    Regards 
    Seán
    Thanks

Could you please tell me what organisation performs the role of ombudsman for the insurance industry?
    Hi Horsebox7
    The Financial Services Ombudsman's Bureau performs the role in the Republic of Ireland. Their website is www.financialombudsman.ie

Seán 

Advertisement