Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021

1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭ Motivator

I think Seamus’ name is written all over this. He looks very laid back and probably hasn’t been at his best over the two days, I just think the course suits him so much that he’s been solid without needing to be spectacular. I expect him to put on a bit of show over the weekend and shoot a low number today, he seems to be absolutely buzzing with the whole thing. Ultimately, he’s surrounded by players that are ranked pretty low in the OWGR and with the crowds that he’ll have on his side I think it’s going to be very difficult for other players in that atmosphere where they’re all only shouting for one player.

what a story it would be if he does do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,608 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92

Really couldn’t get over how well built Seamus Power is - Only noticed it in person

Tall, Stocky etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭ boardise

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle - sure didn't see that coming.

Shows what pressure and the weight of expectation can do to freeze the brain . Ah well , nothing for it only to sleep it off and roll in with a pointless 66 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭ blackwhite

There was a medical emergency in the crowd whilst Seamus was playing 1 today. They waited until it had been dealt with before playing on, and apparently a rules official told them they were on the clock because they’d delayed. Seamus said in his post-round interview that his rhythm had been thrown off by that.

Seems very unfair to be put on the clock due to something that happened in the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭ boardise

fair enough but didn't seem to have had any adverse effect on Jack Senior though...scored 10 shots better than SP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭ Mantis Toboggan

Followed him today for 5 holes, was fairly disappointing to be honest, just never got going, huge crowd following so lot of pressure I'd say.

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

Irish Proclamation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭ abff

Seamus is in quite a marquee group with Cam Smith and Brooks Koepka for the first two rounds of The Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ Lad GAGA

First target is to make the cut. If he does that he will have made the cut in each of his first four majors, which in itself would be no mean achievement. If he gets to the weekend anything is possible. Think he has a decent outside chance, will be under the radar a bit, unlike the Irish open. Top 15 would be a great outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ OEP

He is taking a long time off - hasn't played since the Open. Thought he'd play once or twice before the FedEx to build some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ Icemancometh

Not a great round yesterday but a good start today, need a couple more I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ Lad GAGA

Not sure what's happening with Seamus, between not playing in comps and missing cuts, its the polar opposite to how he started the season. Hope he rediscovers his form soon, not sure if his confidence has taken a hit over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭ Rikand

The pressure is off Seamus now to retain his card for the PGA tour and his world ranking is fairly well intact also. Sometimes when you don't have as much to play for, your game can go off the boil a bit. He fought like a dag for his tour card and then to get comfortably into the top 50 in the world. He rightly earned a break, but its tough to get back into it when you dont actually "need" to get back into it

Advertisement