Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNIB online appointment (Dublin)

Options
  • 06-10-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, all
    Did anyone has experience registering for GNIB appointment online?
    I've just tried and system tells me "No appointments are currently available" and none of the dates are selectable, which means it is IMPOSSIBLE to make an appointment at all.
    As a foreigner I'm obligated by Government to get a GNIB card at the same time existing system doesn't give me a chance to apply for it.

If anyone knows how to deal w/ it or has any ideas I would highly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
    Andrey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pinkod

Hey! I faced the same problem today!
    Did you find a way how to solve it?

I will appreciate a reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pinkod wrote: »
    Hey! I faced the same problem today!
    Did you find a way how to solve it?

I will appreciate a reply!

According to a recent update on the site.
    Update: Book 10 weeks early for registration renewal appointments in Dublin
    To renew your registration, you must visit a registration office during the 2 week period before your registration expires. You can now book 10 weeks in advance for appointments at Burgh Quay office, Dublin.
    Renew your registration before it expires (2 November 2016)

But a few people are reporting issues this weekend, with no slots till the new year

Yes I have seen the update but there is still no slots!

I don't need to renew it. I have to get it for the first time. I arrived 2 months ago and the deadline stamp in my passport will expire in December 12th. I did not know they have an online system but was told by my manager I can go any time and get it in person.

Don't really know what to do now.

I will appreciate any suggestions!

Yes I have seen the update but there is still no slots!

I don't need to renew it. I have to get it for the first time. I arrived 2 months ago and the deadline stamp in my passport will expire in December 12th. I did not know they have an online system but was told by my manager I can go any time and get it in person.

Don't really know what to do now.

I will appreciate any suggestions!

Move to Bray, or anywhere outside Dublin county, then you can use a local GNIB office, and avoid Burgh Quay altogether.

Unfortunately I can't move from Dublin. It's not an option. I wrote down my issue to Burgh Quay, so hopefully they will reply tomorrow.

It seems to me really ridiculous, I'm obligated by the State to register but there is no dates available.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I can't move from Dublin. It's not an option. I wrote down my issue to Burgh Quay, so hopefully they will reply tomorrow.

It seems to me really ridiculous, I'm obligated by the State to register but there is no dates available.

If you are working/Studying in Central Dublin, near a DART Station, Bray is only a 40 minute ride away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

That's it, I doubt it too. It's not a problem to go to Bray, but they are not gonna deal with me because I live in Dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Contact your local td, they can usually help.

This post has been deleted.

Yes, the OP would have to move to Bray, given the delays in Burgh Quay, not as silly as it sounds :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 blackdoty18

My cousin is facing the same problem. He has been trying online to make an appointment for the last 3 weeks, was online at different time each day. Unfortunately each time he got no slots at all, like a gambler.
    He really has no idea what to do now and nowhere can give him more information about this matter. His visa will be expired at the end of this month.
    I feel so disgraceful for that Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Hi guys,

I'd say inform the Burgh quay office by email so they are aware.

I have the same issue - my current registration expires by this week and i've got an appointment for mid December. I emailed the Burgh quay office and they told me come by when my appointment date was, i.e regardless of my registration expiry date. The only downside is you wont be able to travel out of the country until you have renewed your registration.

I guess you'll have to take the next available date even if its past your renewal date and I don't think there is any way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ahmed001

Has anyone found a way around this madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monk51888

not even one appointment available...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tenderness 14

monk51888 wrote: »
    not even one appointment available...

I'm in same boat I'm trying for 3 weeks now still get same answer no appointment available

• Registered Users Posts: 1 linh tran

Hi all,
    I'm sorry to bother you. But I have a problem with booking for GNIB appointment online.
    Yesterday, I booked an appointment for GNIB card but after that, I canceled this appointment. I received an email from INIS REGISTRATION ON-LINE APPOINTMENTS SERVICE to confirm that the appointment has been canceled.
    Now, I can't book another appointment. The online system reported: "Booking was not created because you already have an appointment."
    I don't know why. What should I do?
    Thank you so much for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gfunkzero

bump just arrived on a work holiday visa, wish I'd known about the 10 week queue before I got here.. So basically I cant work for 10 weeks??? or will people still employ me if they know I have an appointment?

I dont even have a permanent address.. maybe I can just ring Bray office and ask them to see me? guess Id have to tell them im staying there on a temp basis

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rajakhan12

inis appointment system , There is no chance in these days to get appointment with in 2 months , all appointment show between 10 am to 10:30 am in morning and there is only 5 to 6 appointment show up and on website they said there is few extra appointment every day at 14:30 but as i am trying every day at 14:30 look for quick early appointment but no early appointment i see. only solution you have to look for inis appointment before 3 months your visa expire but inis people have to understand there is few people who depend on there letter when immigration approved there cases then they have to find appointment and they don't get it.
    Example my visa is expire in Feb 2018 and i booked appointment in December 2017 for 20 Feb 2018 but i did not get letter from inis that my case approved and now i get approval letter from insi my appointment date is gone already and now the next appointment i can see is in 12 April 2018 which mean i can be with out visa almost 3 months and i can not continue my work and there is no way i can get through it.
    contact info number for them if you want to talk is 01-6167700 or email them at burghquayregoffice at justice dot ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emonakov

Hi all,

Quick question. Is selling gnib appointments legal ? I know at least one page in facebook advertising gnib appointments. People say it costs 10 euros. Is that legal at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

By memory, your GNIB appointment letter contains your name. You need to have that with you for the appointment, so I don't see how you could sell the appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 emonakov

seagull wrote:
    By memory, your GNIB appointment letter contains your name. You need to have that with you for the appointment, so I don't see how you could sell the appointment.

Potentially, random people can create gnib appointment for any other random people, if they pay money to the first. So, person A is offering gnib appointments for money, person B pays money to person A, giving person A personal data, like name, phone, id etc. Person A monitoring gnib appointments and when they are online books them. I see at least GDBR being violated here. Not sure about selling appointments that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gracedimi9

Hi, does anyone know what happens if you go into a GNIB appointment booking under a different category? I need a study visa appointment since July and I haven’t found one, but I keep seeing appointments in other categories?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DUmb_American

emonakov wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question. Is selling gnib appointments legal ? I know at least one page in facebook advertising gnib appointments. People say it costs 10 euros. Is that legal at all ?

It's not legal but can you tell me the name of this facebook group.....

I've been trying for over a month to get an appointment and at this point I am fed up with it

Advertisement