Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

80's Reg Plate Supplier

• 18-09-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

After a long search to find an Irish supplier who could make up the reg plates I required (large digits, border line, garage details on each plate..) I finally located a suitable supplier in the UK.

And I have to say that I'm very pleased with the results (see pic below)!

Their site is so user-friendly - you can see what the plate will look like before you buy, add borders and details along the bottom of the plates (e.g. garage name). In my case adding the Opel logos cost an extra £5 per plate.

https://www.platecreator.com/Design/ViewPlateDesigner

All in all, I had the plate delivered for £39.99 (via parcel motel). The delivery was super quick...I paid for them at 2pm on Friday and they were at my local parcel motel the next evening!!

While in the process of ordering the plates, I asked if they would consider making red reflective plates (one of which I want for my car) and they said they would ask their supplier about this at the end of the month (I suggested that many owners here would be interested in ordering same. So please send them a message to let them know if you are interested - now or in the future https://www.platecreator.com/Home/AboutUs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Pity it's a modern 16000 issue, but looks the part regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yes, I'm very pleased with how the plates turned out. Hopefully 'platecreator' will start doing red plates - so I can order one for the rear of my car!:)

I agree that a 4-digit plate (as KE was pre-2011) would have been better - luckily my reg has a '1' at either end which helps with spacing. Still, could be worse, could have been a D reg ...'84 D 120000'?!:eek:

Red Reflective plates are now available from www.platecreator.com

I received mine a few days ago...their first customer for a red plate!:)
    Very pleased with it...looks more 'period' on an '84 car than a white rear plate.

Red plates cost a bit more than standard plates due to being made in low volumes. In my case £29.99 for the plate as I had extra (Opel) logos added - imho well worth it in order to achieve the correct 'period' look.

Incidentially, could a moderator make this a 'sticky' - along with other plate supplier details. Posters here are regularly asking where to get 'period' plates. Cheers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

That's an obvious pair of digits you're covering :D

Now how reflective is it? Can you shine a light on it and catch it in a pic?

• Advertisement

Ooh...there's a challenge :D

Had a go at catching it's 'reflectiveness' :pac:

MS Paint? :D

Yes :p Are you happy with the 'reflectiveness'? ;)

Yes. Very happy indeed. :)

Advertisement