Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost sparky

Options
  • 04-09-2016 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all. Im lost in work. Im a qualified spark but its been about 8 yrs since iv been in the trade full time. Iv been bouncin from labouring job to labouring job. I dont mind the hard graft but cant see myself doin this **** for the rest of my days. Would love to get back to the trade i was trained for but im finding it hard to break back into it seein as my cv is very unattractive to electrical company's. Im foxin all the time so its not like im completly out of the loop. Just need to break back into my trade! Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Start up yourself?

I f###Ed up last exam in phase 4 and was struck off it was the maths one and had great grades on everything else.
    I would love to be able to set up. They are going mad for sparks and market is a good place to be in right now.

I was at it 4 and half years and really pissed didn't get further as worked as a qualified and the boss made a fortune charging a full sum even in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

You need your trade cert to register with RECI to start up . You haven't finished your training and you you still would need to pass phase 6. You cannot get back into the trade as you have been struck off for not passing. That might explain why you cannot get work in the trade. Try appealing your last attempt to ETB but you would need to put your head down and study to pass that exam

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MURT7484

I wouldnt go out on my own. Wouldnt really have the confidence considerin iv been out of the game for so long. Id prefer to get back in with a company so i can get more training as a qualified spark. Maybe in a few yrs id think about it alright.

solargain wrote: »
    You need your trade cert to register with RECI to start up . You haven't finished your training and you you still would need to pass phase 6. You cannot get back into the trade as you have been struck off for not passing. That might explain why you cannot get work in the trade. Try appealing your last attempt to ETB but you would need to put your head down and study to pass that exam

Solargain im fully qualified. Just out of the game for 8 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

It was punisher 5112 I was replying to

• Advertisement

solargain wrote: »
    It was punisher 5112 I was replying to

My bad!

Advertisement