Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spot Prizes for Charity Raffle

• 01-09-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm running a charity event in about 2 and a half weeks' time, and part of the event will include a raffle, which is our main fundraiser on the night. All proceeds will be donated to Limerick Animal Welfare.

In your experience, what businesses would be the best to ask for spot prizes in the Limerick area? I found last year that the more locally owned ones were more forthcoming, as they didn't have to clear it with head office (e.g. I had no luck with Dunnes and Tesco).

I have a letter done up and hope to visit a number of places in the next week. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Depending on how much you're going to spend, how about vouchers for local shops/restaurants?

At Limerick FC games the prize for the half-time draw is often a meal for 2 at some restaurant or other (as well as a replica club shirt).

Could you get a pet shop involved for a voucher, given the nature of the charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

to be honest most business get a constant stream of requests for spot prizes so best bet is to approach places which know you personally or have an interest in animal welfare. anytime I've been involved in fundraising, we'd rarely manage to get a spot prize from cold calling or from a business who doesn't already know us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I will be calling back to the businesses I got spot prizes from last year, one of them also being a pet shop, but was just looking for a bit of inspiration I guess, if ye knew of any places that have been generous in the past

Advertisement